The ever requested electronic aid deer hunting thread

Nomad

They work fine if you do your part
Not if they don't open. Mechanical failure is something you can't control. And that is exactly what happened. Fixed blades are far superior as far as that is concerned

#ThankYouForLessOverzealousModding #WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

Even a mechanical that doesn't open and lands where it should is going to kill a deer, albeit maybe slower and a longer track. I'd bet 70% of deer taken during archery season are taken with mechanicals. I shoot an average of 3 deer a year for the last 15 years with mechanicals and have never had a failure, ever. If you choose to shoot a fixed head then do that, but don't bash mechanicals because of it. My Spitfires never let me down. As evidenced again last night, 3.5 yr old buck, exit through the offside shoulder. Down in 45yds with a path of blood.

If you had one bad Taco in your life are you going to stop eating Tacos and publicly bash them? Doubt it.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

If you had one bad Taco in your life are you going to stop eating Tacos and publicly bash them? Doubt it.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

No, but I'm probably going to stay away from that one particular taco and brand of said taco. That said I'll stick to my fixed burritos as they have never caused me issue I didn't cause myself

#WeDemandADislikeButton

16 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

Not if they don't open. Mechanical failure is something you can't control. And that is exactly what happened. Fixed blades are far superior as far as that is concerned

#WeDemandADislikeButton

Tell levi that and all the big game animals that he kills and never wounds. 

36 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

Trust me I'm sure he has wounded plenty. He's likely not going to show you.

#WeDemandADislikeButton

Ya I'm sure the guy who shoots rams at 100 yards wounds plenty of animals . Dude you practiced one time before the season ,you need to take more accountability for your marksmanship with a bow ,I'm not trying to start an argument or speak down to you ,I'm trying to give you a motivational speech like in a really super duper cool movie.

Edited by Jeremy K

Ya I'm sure the guy who shoots rams at 100 yards wounds plenty of animals . Dude you practiced one time before the season ,you need to take more accountability for your marksmanship with a bow ,I'm not trying to start an argument or speak down to you ,I'm trying to give you a motivational speech like in a really super duper cool movie.
You have no clue how many times I practiced before the season so you're talking out of your ass. I would suggest you quit while you are not too far behind. I never said I made a perfect shot on that deer. Never once. It was a little far back. Even still the broadhead never opened an drawing 70lbs going 287fps it should have been a full passthrough. It was not. End result being shit broadhead that did not expand and did not pass through. Yes shot could have been better. Broadhead complete failure. Mechanicals are garbage in my eyes. I will be using only fixed for the foreseeable future likely forever

#WeDemandADislikeButton

Just now, The Jerkman said:

You have no clue how many times I practiced before the season so you're talking out of your ass. I would suggest you quit while you are not too far behind. I never said I made a perfect shot on that deer. Never once. It was a little far back. Even still the broadhead never opened an drawing 70lbs going 287fps it should have been a full passthrough. It was not. End result being shit broadhead that did not expand and did not pass through. Yes shot could have been better. Broadhead complete failure. Mechanicals are garbage in my eyes. I will be using only fixed for the foreseeable future likely forever

#WeDemandADislikeButton

If it never opened it should have went through easier . 

• Like 2

Yet it did not.

#WeDemandADislikeButton

That makes zero sense? How did you not get an exit when essentially shooting a field point.

How do you know the broadhead didn’t open?

I don’t used expandables either but you’re story isn’t adding up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That makes zero sense? How did you not get an exit when essentially shooting a field point.

How do you know the broadhead didn’t open?

I don’t used expandables either but you’re story isn’t adding up!

@crappyice helped me find it about 30 yards from the original shot where it sloughed out of the side of the deer. And I agree there is no logical reason why it wouldn't pass through

#WeDemandADislikeButton

@crappyice helped me find it about 30 yards from the original shot where it sloughed out of the side of the deer. And I agree there is no logical reason why it wouldn't pass through

#WeDemandADislikeButton

Most expandables close on their way out.

I’m not saying the broadhead did or didn’t open I wasn’t there but I can tell you the broadhead failing didn’t stop it from exiting you hit something hard inside of the deer or on the way to it or your bow is way out of tune.

• Like 1

Most expandables close on their way out.

I’m not saying the broadhead did or didn’t open I wasn’t there but I can tell you the broadhead failing didn’t stop it from exiting you hit something hard inside of the deer or on the way to it or your bow is way out of tune.

Possibly a different brand / model but I shoot rage extreme and they are always wide open when I find them. And when I say wide I mean WIDE

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

As I told Jerkman, at 7 yards I could throw a dull butter knife through a deeer and get full pass through. Idk how his arrow didn’t make it at that range and speed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Roughly speaking, percentage wise, how many pass throughs have you got with your bow ?

• Like 1

Roughly speaking, percentage wise, how many pass throughs have you got with your bow ?

2 with an xbow at 18 yards (one broadside and one full frontal), which shoots slower than Jerkman’s 287fps and farther than 7 yds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

35 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

#WeDemandADislikeButton

I cant recall which broadheads you were shooting ?