You guys ever reuse mechanical broadhead blades?

Core

I went through some of my used Rage blades this morning from previous two seasons and had to admit all were beyond hope. One was broken at one of the ribs, but the rest were all slightly bent, which makes resharpening quite difficult.

The 1-2 that were still straight I tried resharpening on a stone but couldn't get them razor sharp. Could certainly be user error, though.

G5 fixed of course are far more liable to be reusable, but I can only get them "pretty sharp", not package sharp, no matter how many times I try it on the medium and fine stones.

I use the G5’s and I don’t resharpen them. One and done for me. The amount of time and money that I spend on hunting, I’ll spend another $15 on a new broadhead any day of the week. No reason to cheap out on the most important piece of equipment in my arsenal. 

• Like 2

I remove the used blades and spin test them, if the ferrule isn't bent I put new blades on and reuse. I never reuse blades, probably could in certain instances but I just get into my own head about it the whole time. No point in worrying over $3 blades, put new on...

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

I did it once and will not do it again.  I used mechanicals on my last (6) bucks.  The first (5), all dropped dead within 40 yards of where they took the arrow, or bolts (one was with a vertical bow, the other five with crossbow).  Those were struck with new, "factory-sharp" blades. 

Being too cheap to buy new heads, I mixed and matched my best parts from the used ones, and attempted to hand sharpen the blades, on the one I used last year.  That buck, struck perfectly thru both lungs, made it about 150 yards before expiring.  After that scary revovery, I will use new ones from now on.

I have before but often they're slightly bent or have a chunk out of blade edge that sharpening them would be a pits. Really have to be careful with the slightly bent part. Might look fine so you reuse it but slightly bent blades keep it from opening properly.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk