Hunting Camp- Steuben County

JFB

This property is not yet listed, but I figured I'd give site members an early tip on a property that may go up for sale.

The cabin and land is on the Bath/Savona border. 22+ acres of thick woods which directly joins to a large State Forest (Moss Hill State Forest). It is also a mile or so from Birdseye Hollow State Forest which is another 3442 acres.

The Cabin is a very large 30x20, two Bedroom with a huge loft. Easily sleeps 8, large open living area, wood stove, propane oven, propane lights, indoor shower area. Front and rear deck.

So if you know anyone who has been looking, pass it along and PM if there's interest. I'll be getting photo's as we prepare to sell. Thanks.

Here are a few photos I took today of the Bath/Savona hunting camp that I posted about last week. The camp is actually 24' x 30' (built 2001) and sits on 22.67 acres. Vast private land on one side of the property line and a large State Forest on the other. Short drive to several other large State land tracts.

post-432-0-86984800-1325461872_thumb.jpg

post-432-0-24609000-1325461920_thumb.jpg

post-432-0-04079900-1325461954_thumb.jpg

post-432-0-56523300-1325461988_thumb.jpg

post-432-0-39206100-1325462032_thumb.jpg

post-432-0-00622900-1325462078_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the kind words guys. The camp has been very good to us. We purchased the land in 1994 and put up a trailer for the first several years. We liked it so much we build the camp in 2001. Now that my brother and I both have young kids that are getting active, we just don't get there much at all and my father is now 76 and hunts a bit less.

Not posting a price is nothing more than a function of us not being organized quite yet. What we are probably going to do in order to figure out a fair price is get an appraisal at some point soon. Or, we'll just bite bullet and incur the realtor costs. We were hoping to avoid the realtor and pass along/split the savings. Of course if anyone is very serious and ready to move we'd entertain reasonable offers and can set up calls or showing it.

I'm not sure if this photo will come out.. but it's a big picture frame that hangs inside our camp. We call it the "Wall of Fame" and we used to put up a picture of each buck (and doe) we killed. My brother had the luckiest hand with two monster bucks (one bow, one 44 mag) and then there were several other nice deer.

post-432-0-03366800-1325814461_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the kind words guys. The camp has been very good to us. We purchased the land in 1994 and put up a trailer for the first several years. We liked it so much we build the camp in 2001. Now that my brother and I both have young kids that are getting active, we just don't get there much at all and my father is now 76 and hunts a bit less.

Not posting a price is nothing more than a function of us not being organized quite yet. What we are probably going to do in order to figure out a fair price is get an appraisal at some point soon. Or, we'll just bite bullet and incur the realtor costs. We were hoping to avoid the realtor and pass along/split the savings. Of course if anyone is very serious and ready to move we'd entertain reasonable offers and can set up calls or showing it.

I'm not sure if this photo will come out.. but it's a big picture frame that hangs inside our camp. We call it the "Wall of Fame" and we used to put up a picture of each buck (and doe) we killed. My brother had the luckiest hand with two monster bucks (one bow, one 44 mag) and then there were several other nice deer.

How far is it from Long Island? What deer management unit? What county. Is it accessible all year ?

What are the taxes?

Thanks

Thanks for all the private messages and interest- hopefully I was able to get back to everyone quick enough. This past weekend we consulted a realtor for the potential of signing him later and to get an education on reasonable selling prices. We are going to advertise the property ourselves to start and if we need to reach out to more people later we'll utilize the realtor and list for higher.

He confirmed that this type of land is actively going for $2000 an acre. We have 22.67 acres. The cabin is a bit more subjective but it's on the top end as for quality and condition. If we can avoid a realtor and hassle, we're going to let it go for $78,500 firm. I don't want to list high and then have the haggle game and I'd rather just list what research shows is more than fair for the place. Mineral and timber rights included and we've passed on many mineral lease offers in the past.

Please send me PM's with any serious interest and several of you have my phone number already. Thanks, Jim

This property is not yet listed, but I figured I'd give site members an early tip on a property that may go up for sale.

The cabin and land is on the Bath/Savona border. 22+ acres of thick woods which directly joins to a large State Forest (Moss Hill State Forest). It is also a mile or so from Birdseye Hollow State Forest which is another 3442 acres.

The Cabin is a very large 30x20, two Bedroom with a huge loft. Easily sleeps 8, large open living area, wood stove, propane oven, propane lights, indoor shower area. Front and rear deck.

So if you know anyone who has been looking, pass it along and PM if there's interest. I'll be getting photo's as we prepare to sell. Thanks.

Is there any gas lease on this property?

That's not a bad deal. I think price per acre is a bit high but you including the mineral rights, which helps. Good luck selling it, probably won't take too long.

Burt I think in NYS the mineral rights go with the sale of the property.

Burt I think in NYS the mineral rights go with the sale of the property.

No they don't Dave. Mineral rights can be retained by the seller. If you buy a piece that doesn't come with rights you better put into the deed a no drilling or storage clause. That you can negotiate.

No they don't Dave. Mineral rights can be retained by the seller. If you buy a piece that doesn't come with rights you better put into the deed a no drilling or storage clause. That you can negotiate.

Well, I said I think, wasn't 100% sure. I stand corrected.

• 1 month later...

I can see why he'd sell....guy with camp next to us...has a camp in the same area....He's selling his camp there and keeping the camp he has next to us....the taxes are just too bad down there

Our Alfred camp taxes cost 4,000 a year....one could go on some nice hunts with that money...with out all the hassle of owning...ie repairs ...maintenance ...electric bills

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...