Trail Cam Hanger

GreeneHunter

• 2 weeks later...

I use the HME mount. They come in a 3 pack ($10.00 - $15.00) They don't have the angle adjustment option, but you can put them in at an angle and bend them slightly if needed. Seems like the camera is less noticeable when there is no strap around the tree.m

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, peepsight said:

I use the HME mount. They come in a 3 pack ($10.00 - $15.00) They don't have the angle adjustment option, but you can put them in at an angle and bend them slightly if needed. Seems like the camera is less noticeable when there is no strap around the tree.m

I made one of these up using the directions from the Video and then sprayed the parts Black ! Works pretty good ! No Strap !

1 hour ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I made several of them. Unfortunately the eye bolt I used is very blunt so starting them is a beyotch but other than that I like them a lot

You can grind half the tip away ,on a grinder or with a file ,it doesnt require much ,maybe a 1/4 or 5/16 back from the tip will help it start.

16028580970048214381457560685028.jpg

• Like 1

I made several of these with hardware parts, they work great. I put the camera up higher and tip it down. I feel it's less likely to get stolen as most guys walking through the woods don't look up that much as they as walking. As for starting the bolt into the tree i usually bring a drill with me and start the hole, makes getting the bolt started much easier. If i don't feel like hauling a cordless drill with me I will use an awl to start the hole for the screw. 

2 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I made several of them. Unfortunately the eye bolt I used is very blunt so starting them is a beyotch but other than that I like them a lot

I had the same problem on my first go - around , I went and picked up a smaller eye bolt and it turned out just fine ! Screwed in with no problem !

• Like 1