blackbeltbill

How Many Years Have You Been Hunting?

Started fall of 2010.  Been on break the last 2 years.

NRA Lifetime member.

"We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children." - Native American Indian Proverb

"My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am" - Toby & Eileen Green

45 years hunting, started on rabbits and grouse. 43 years deer hunting with bow and gun. My two boys are avid hunters as well as my nephew who is like my third son. Of course they are all grown men now . Good to have some strong dummies to drag for old dad. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Please support the hunting of Mourning Dove In New York State.  For information, visit nydovehunting.weebly.com/

I can't believe it was 1969. Where have the years gone?  And so happy the time spent with family and friends.. So many memories. I'm still  be taught new things, and I never stop learning.  I always tell my son , be ready to push me to the woods in a wheel chair fitted with rice tires, when that day comes.  He thinks I'm joking, LOL.

• Like 1

I don't Hunt as much as I used to and that Mountain takes longer to get to the Top.

I hope to get out for 10 or 12 Pheasant Hunts and 3 or 4 Fall Turkey Hunts. Maybe a 4 hour Rifle Deer Opener. Freeze my Butt off and not see anything again.

I enjoy each Hunt alot more now than when, I was in my Teens or 20s.

Even though, I move Slower. Ask Cynthia here. I move Slower then Molasses with Dirt poured on it.

10 minutes ago, blackbeltbill said:

I don't Hunt as much as I used to and that Mountain takes longer to get to the Top.

I hope to get out for 10 or 12 Pheasant Hunts and 3 or 4 Fall Turkey Hunts. Maybe a 4 hour Rifle Deer Opener. Freeze my Butt off and not see anything again.

I enjoy each Hunt alot more now than when, I was in my Teens or 20s.

Even though, I move Slower. Ask Cynthia here. I move Slower then Molasses with Dirt poured on it.

I hear ya, Bill....For many years I covered several miles on foot each morning hunting spring gobblers..Now I hunt out of popup blinds.... I spent many years freezing in hangon stands for deer, or just as often, leaning against a tree from dusk until dawn,  or driving deer with with my friends.. I dragged a lot of deer a lot of miles to get them out...Now I sit in my heated, enclosed tower blind  and drive the truck to the deer to load them up..

This morning I spent a wonderful morning on the property....I stillhunted squirrels along about a half mile of woods road...

Take a few steps, then stand still for 5 or ten minutes, watching for squirrels forgaing for acorns....Killed 3 squirrels and had a  grand time, just enjoying the woods, and I have enough squirrels for a good meal...

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Been hunting 52 years.

But more important I’ve been hunting with my group in 4P for 47 years.

Still together just not as many as we started out with. But we picked up a few new ones.

• Like 4

In the late 1950s I was the world's worse squirrel hunter with my 22cal. Graduated to a so-so bunny hunter, if only the rabbit stopped in front of our family begal and I got a shot with my 410. Earliest recollection of deer hunting was in early 1960s and it's been a learning experience ever since! My dad insisted I learn using a single shot 20ga, which as much as I hated it, gave me insight in shot opportunities & placement. BTW - All my early guns were single shot & open sights.

You do the math for length of hunting!

• Like 3