Rochester GUn show at the Dome

I tend to go, but never find deals on the actual guns. Most of the stuff I walk away with is small and cheaper...cleaning stuff, eye/ear protection, some targets, etc. When I lived in Virginia, the gun shows were way better than here...it's like night and day.

Hey Culver, which day you want to go? Im gonna take the 870 with a sign on it and see if someone bites. Gotta pick up the daughter's 22 also.

Be careful man, there was a big article about that with regular joes selling guns at these shows this past year. Something about background screening being required at the shows or something, even with used guns. If I remember correctly, even though you would think it'd be a private party sale of a used firearm, being on the show grounds changes the legalities or something along those lines. The article said the police busted a large number of regular joes at these shows.

Edit: Here's an even more recent article on it from the D&C:

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2011112010323

Edited by phade

Be careful man, there was a big article about that with regular joes selling guns at these shows this past year. Something about background screening being required at the shows or something, even with used guns. If I remember correctly, even though you would think it'd be a private party sale of a used firearm, being on the show grounds changes the legalities or something along those lines. The article said the police busted a large number of regular joes at these shows.

Edit: Here's an even more recent article on it from the D&C:

http://www.democrata...D=2011112010323

Thats odd, you see guys bringing their guns in to sell all the time. Never heard of that law. Thanks for the heads up. If thats the way it is, the shows shouldnt be letting guys bring the guns in with the signs and such.

I actually got a good deal on my pistol at the last one. I tried to deal on Saturday but no dice. He took the offer on Sunday though. I only live minutes from there so it really isn't a big deal to run back over. I am going to be looking for a .38 this time. There were tons of them at the last show.

I have been picking up stuff like the cleaning supplies. There are good deals and ones that aren't. Gotta know the market on anything you want to buy.

I will Be going on Saturday, WNY. I think Dad is coming out so that is the day that works best for him.

Darn i'd love to go, but we leave on vacation Sat.

I always thought a forum meet and greet before for breakfast would be cool.

We in the Roch. area should do this sometime ! Myself I know I don't come across on this forum the way i want to most times, not the best with the written word .

The show i go for old ball stuff, in the past a knife dealer from NJ. named Phil used to come, he had many top name knives we can't get locally, that was bad for my wallet ! He was not found of the unknown winter up here so here so he stopped coming.

I did get some sweet zombie targets last year !

Enjoy the show boys.

My neighbor makes an unbelievable living selling, bags, dental picks,cords and cheap stuff at these shows.

Edited by Larry302