How do you attach your safety line to the tree strap

mowin

So, after a good friend fell from his stand on Saturday, I purchased safety vests for my nephew and myself.  

This vest requires one to install and remove the tree strap each time as it threads through a loop in the safety strap.

I want to leave the strap on the tree, and hook up to it.  Thought about a carabineer, but wouldn't that make a lot of noise rubbing against the tree?  Does everyone install and remove the tree strap each time?  

2 minutes ago, loworange88 said:

I leave a carabiner attached to my harness strap.  With the tree belt tight, the carabiner doesnt move much at all, so no worries about noise.

Thanks, I figured that was the most likely what everyone uses.  

I've always run my strap through the loop, but I do tend to move trees often. The carabiner is a great idea though.

I guess I should say, I hunt strictly from a climber and move the strap up with me as I go. I've always heard that one of the most dangerous parts of using a climber is the actually climbing itself.

Edited by Splitear

17 minutes ago, johnplav said:

I use a higher quality aluminum carabiner instead of the steel ones that often come with a harness.  They are lighter and quieter (at least in my mind).

Good point. I would spend the $ 10 or $15 on a good climbing rated carabiner.

And the climbing is the most dangerous part. I am very happy having switched to saddle hunting this year as i am tied to the tree from the first moment i choose which one to climb. The different climbing options took a bit of figuring out,but i am hooked after this first weekend of hunting out of one. My goal this year was to never hunt the same tree twice and so far that has been accomplished.

Aluminum clip, I run the 25 foot saftey lines on my hangon stands and put them up the week before bow, take them down right after seasons. Take the clip with you. 

I used to hunt without them, but I got into a harness after seeing what happens, got my dad into one to and thats the main reason I bought the saftey lines. My 8 year old can come now too.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Splitear said:

I've always run my strap through the loop, but I do tend to move trees often. The carabiner is a great idea though.

I guess I should say, I hunt strictly from a climber and move the strap up with me as I go. I've always heard that one of the most dangerous parts of using a climber is the actually climbing itself.

https://www.blindedhunting.com/qsafe

I use this tree strap for my climber, its super easy to move the strap up as you climb.  Worth every penny.

• Like 3

Strictly a ladder stand guy now, well one Lone Wolf hang on if needed . Before a lifeline ran from ground to above stand ,clipped onto a Prusik at ground .

This carabiner stays on my harness ,and all ladders ( except today’s.. ) have a strap in place to clip into . I also have a spare closed loop and a short length of rope with a figure eight tied at each end  in my pack, so I can rig up almost anything if strap is missing . On fat trees I have used a screw in step and tied a Prusik onto it to clip on to . I have a bit of an assortment of things to work with .

57406A9F-4B70-4403-BFCD-3376CD5C08B2.jpeg

• Like 1

https://www.blindedhunting.com/qsafe

I use this tree strap for my climber, its super easy to move the strap up as you climb.  Worth every penny.

Love it. Can also double as a dragging aid. Had to use it on my doe. Don't recommend it but it worked. But I love it for strapping to a tree it's fantastic! Though if you are in a skinnier tree like this one I'd rather go with a short rope lifeline

#ThankYouForLessOverzealousModding #WeDemandUnlimitedLikes

#WeDemandADislikeButton

b0098ca8bf76d98c5b1ae5ef1cb26326.jpg