Letchworth

DanielT

Ah, glad to see this thread going, thanks Daniel!  I'm getting a late start this season due to a bathroom remodel that's taking too long, but I'm shooting my bow daily and will be out hunting by Oct 24th. I did get out late Sept and put a few stands and cams up. Lots of acorns, hickory nuts and apples on the ground and the river is extremely low.

Good luck and be safe.

>>>-------------->

• Like 1

Nice!  We will be in C cabins for 2 weeks starting 11/2.. I hardly can wait . I have been tempted to drive the 4hrs down  and throw up a cell cam in the bow section(good signal).. the only problem is if a shooter keeps on walking by , I might have to quit my job..lol.;)

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, suburbanfarmer said:

i need to research more into this, how does one go about hunting Letchworth park. Is there a special permit?

Yes.. you can download and fill out the muzzleloader/archery permit.. not sure on the shotgun permit. It was limited to 500 but they did away with that. If you rent a cabin you automatically can recieve one either way..

• Like 2

Buddies have C cabins I’ll be there the 28th and 29th , I may or may not hunt ,sold my climber may ground sit ,just going to see the guys I used to work with , campfires and beers .

Actually my climber will be there, one of the guys did some plumbing work for me and I paid him with my LW climber .

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Buddies have C cabins I’ll be there the 28th and 29th , I may or may not hunt ,sold my climber may ground sit ,just going to see the guys I used to work with , campfires and beers .

Actually my climber will be there, one of the guys did some plumbing work for me and I paid him with my LW climber .

You're not staying with Joe are you?

1 hour ago, Nomad said:

I have a brand new climber you can have, i bought it on impulse from SamsClub going out of business

Edited by suburbanfarmer
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, suburbanfarmer said:

I have a brand new climber you can have, i bought it on impulse from SamsClub going out of business

That’s a great offer , my days of using climbers are in the past though .

2 hours ago, DanielT said:

Yes...go online
It's all printable too

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Very Interesting. I camp there every year with the family but never hunt it. Its pretty interesting that you can hunt right off all the camping loops in the North End and the South End it's by the Cabins. Is there ever any conflicts with other non-hunting people in the park? I imagine it's busy with non-hunters coming to check out the fall colors. 

On 10/7/2020 at 2:36 PM, Moho81 said:

Very Interesting. I camp there every year with the family but never hunt it. Its pretty interesting that you can hunt right off all the camping loops in the North End and the South End it's by the Cabins. Is there ever any conflicts with other non-hunting people in the park? I imagine it's busy with non-hunters coming to check out the fall colors. 

Never saw any conflicts , although one time with the C loop parked with hunters and one cabin of leaf peepers  I always wondered how they felt . You never run into non hunters off the road .

BTW it looks like we could have 17-20 guys going ( based on group text )  , should be fun , one retired Capt. Is going just to cook . I’m not, planing on hunting , if anything may ground hunt .

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Never saw any conflicts , although one time with the C loop parked with hunters and one cabin of leaf peepers  I always wondered how they felt . You never run into non hunters off the road .

BTW it looks like we could have 17-20 guys going ( based on group text )  , should be fun , one retired Capt. Is going just to cook . I’m not, planing on hunting , if anything may ground hunt .

When do you plan to be there, would be nice to connect before or after the hunt.