Letchworth

DanielT

12 hours ago, suburbanfarmer said:

When do you plan to be there, would be nice to connect before or after the hunt.

The dates are oct 28&29 , I’ve yet to finalize my specific times or even whose cabin I’ll stay in ..... I’d guess I’d get there mid afternoon the 28 , need to talk to the guys .

• Like 1

On 10/20/2020 at 11:53 AM, DanielT said:

Genesee mohican have you been hunting the park at all?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I finally got out last weekend, had a 4pt and a decent 8 come by me Saturday morning.  Sunday morning I saw some turkeys and put up a new stand in a thick area that had a lot of scrapes. I pulled two cam cards but didn't have anything to get excited about. I'll be heading back out again this weekend.

• Like 2

I finally got out last weekend, had a 4pt and a decent 8 come by me Saturday morning.  Sunday morning I saw some turkeys and put up a new stand in a thick area that had a lot of scrapes. I pulled two cam cards but didn't have anything to get excited about. I'll be heading back out again this weekend.
Any luck this weekend?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Seems like I’m going straight to the stand tomorrow, then we have a large group dinner that night . May have free time mid day Thursday .

I don’t have a climber anymore just a LW hang on and sticks, wasn’t thrilled with lugging it in and setting up in the dark at times , turns out the guy who’s cabin I’m staying in has 7 stands all set up that I can at least hop in one or so .

• Like 4

Seems like I’m going straight to the stand tomorrow, then we have a large group dinner that night . May have free time mid day Thursday .
I don’t have a climber anymore just a LW hang on and sticks, wasn’t thrilled with lugging it in and setting up in the dark at times , turns out the guy who’s cabin I’m staying in has 7 stands all set up that I can at least hop in one or so .
That's what you call the hostess with the mostress!

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Back home . Last nights hunt zippo, today’s rain started at 8 AM zippo again for me . We had 8 or so guys in stands , nobody saw much . I hunted the “ farm side “ on a ridge that lead to a corner of a farm field  .

12 guys for the campfire ,which was great fun , all hard chargers . One retired Capt who doesn’t hunt came and cooked great meals for us . I brought the fellas a $100 bottle of whiskey.

Edited by Nomad
  • Like 1

I sat a bench stand till noon  in the am yesterday, spooked a deer right at my stand and saw nothing all morning.  At noon I got down, swapped out cards on a trail cam and moved to a stand in an opening between two bedding areas (thick brush) for the rest of the day. I had a doe w fawn come under my stand last light, saw a coyote and heard some owls. 

So far I've had zero shooters on trail cams, last year there were 3 in this area. I've been seeing a lot more hikers, but not as many hunters in this on spot. I'm switching gears and heading to a different stand area this am to see what I can see.  I'm still not seeing many acorns or hickory nuts. The wild apple crop was pretty good though.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ncountry said:

Any recommendations on a meat cutter near Letchworth? We dont need one yet, just thinking ahead. It does not look like deer hanging weather this week.

Grizzly's is southeast of Portageville, Genesee Falls area. I have not been to him but a couple co-workers use him every year.Town of Hunt I believe he is in.

Address: 10042 S River Rd, Hunt, NY 14846, United States

Phone: +1 585 476 2249

Edited by 132 eight pointer
added info
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1