Harris- Biden plan to curb gun violence, here we go again .

26 minutes ago, rob-c said:

Same old , same old ,make the law abiding owner suffer . Sure looks like to me they want to take guns. How about the no firearm or ammo sales online, sure would hate to see that.

https://joebiden.com/gunsafety/#

Yep, and I still can't see why any gun owner would vote for this type of governance. Say goodbye to AR's.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Yes, it definitely looks like an eventual plan to take our guns away, one small grab at a time. 

The second amendment is pretty simple, and I suppose open to interpretation. "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." It seems to me that the founding fathers are saying we need to be able to own guns, so that we can fight an oppressive government if the time ever came that we needed to. In today's day & age, I'd think that would include semi-automatic rifles that can hold multiple shots; Biden calls them "assault weapons" on his website, which he clearly claims he wants to stop future sales of, and strictly regulate those already in circulation. How much clearer does it need to be that by voting Democrat this election, you are voting to have your gun rights taken away as well? :huh:

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Uncle Nicky said:

Yes, it definitely looks like an eventual plan to take our guns away, one small grab at a time. 

The second amendment is pretty simple, and I suppose open to interpretation. "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." It seems to me that the founding fathers are saying we need to be able to own guns, so that we can fight an oppressive government if the time ever came that we needed to. In today's day & age, I'd think that would include semi-automatic rifles that can hold multiple shots; Biden calls them "assault weapons" on his website, which he clearly claims he wants to stop future sales of, and strictly regulate those already in circulation. How much clearer does it need to be that by voting Democrat this election, you are voting to have your gun rights taken away as well? :huh:

The left leadership doesn't give a crap about the second amendment, and doesn't even try to hide it. Yet they swear to uphold bill of rights. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So basically our choice is to have our AR's seized (give me money or not, you're still taking my gun against my will) or pay a ridiculous tax like you would on a machine gun? Where the cumulative tax over the years may be many times the worth of the gun? Even Cuomo isn't this bad.

And before anyone says "they're not taking your guns", how else could the following be explained?

• Regulate possession of existing assault weapons under the National Firearms Act. Currently, the National Firearms Act requires individuals possessing machine-guns, silencers, and short-barreled rifles to undergo a background check and register those weapons with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF). Due to these requirements, such weapons are rarely used in crimes. As president, Biden will pursue legislation to regulate possession of existing assault weapons under the National Firearms Act. 
  • Buy back the assault weapons and high-capacity magazines already in our communities. Biden will also institute a program to buy back weapons of war currently on our streets. This will give individuals who now possess assault weapons or high-capacity magazines two options: sell the weapons to the government, or register them under the National Firearms Act.
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Belo said:

also interesting is their stat includes suicides... like someone ever decided they wanted to die and the only way possible was if they had a gun. this, this right here is why that rotten human being Trump still has a chance. 

(rotten human being Trump still has a chance. ) I guess you mean a bully  They are all like that in top level politicians  very  very few are not   the only difference  TRUMP IS JUST BEING TRUMP  he is just being who he is the others  fake being polite  when in front of the camas but are all bully's behind the scenes   just as bad as  him  and even worse . The only difference is he is beating them at there own game  trump is the medicine WASHITON  DC NEEDED .

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

The "Safe Act" on steroids, this is the plan of attack on how the Democrats plan on getting around the Second Amendment. The NRA has been reporting on these proposed Democrat firearms implementations-regs for a long time, the Dems were once sneaky about it but now they put it right out there for all to see.

Hate to sound like a broken record but all one has to do is take a look at what has happened in Democratic controlled California, this stuff has already started there.

Bottom line is to make firearm ownership so burdensome with red tape and regulation it will be like trying to get a handgun permit in NY City.

Al

Edited by airedale
  • Like 2

The article states “Almost 40,000 people die as a result of firearm injuries every year in the United States”.  Again, the anti-gun advocates do not tell the truth behind the number of deaths by firearms.  First, approximately two-thirds of the 40,000 deaths by firearm are self-inflicted with the intent to commit suicide.  Second, the majority of the remaining one-third of deaths by firearm are due to those involved in the distribution, sale and use of illegal drugs.  Funny how former Vice President Biden calls President Trump a liar.  Biden is a liar with the intend to garner support from ignorant non-gun owners to turn on their law abiding gun owning family and friends to support a Biden-Harris bureaucracy.  

The article states “Joe Biden also knows how to make progress on reducing gun violence using executive action.”  Actually Joe Biden does not know much about the root causes of gun violence like the other anti-gun advocates.  Joe does not understand that there are real underlying causes of gun violence.  Joe should know, but apparently he is unwilling or unable to understand the common denominators when someone commits gun violence.  Joe should see that the common denominator when a person commits gun violence is the involvement of illegal drugs and the demographics of those involved.  If Joe honestly “knows how to make progress on reducing gun violence” he would use “executive action” to have an all-out war on those involved in the distribution, sale and use of illegal drugs, and he would consider the people at risk for committing gun violence to see how he can improve their lives to deter them from a life of crime. 

When it comes to truthfully and honestly reducing or eliminating gun violence, politicians like Biden are useless.

Make America Greater…keep President Trump 2020!

Edited by ADK Native
  • Like 3

Democrat's  MO  is like this bad crime happens  the mob outcries for something to be done they  make a new  gun law then repeat every time there is a bad crime with a gun they make another law and   then another law then another law next thing you know it over time nobody can get a gun legally anymore  but the criminals will still have them  AND CRIME STILL HAPPENS ANY!!!!!! 

Edited by phantom

To register your AR as a NFA, other then the cost and paperwork , they’re currently six months behind ,without millions upon millions  of new guns being registered. 

That would push it out years upon years , unworkable plan really . 

The biggest threat if Biden gets in  would be the repeal of the Protection of Lawful Commerce act . This act protects manufacturers from being sued for the illegal use of their product . It’s repeal would bankrupt many manufacturers, and incense the cost of guns to out of reach of many .

• Like 2

So basically our choice is to have our AR's seized (give me money or not, you're still taking my gun against my will) or pay a ridiculous tax like you would on a machine gun? Where the cumulative tax over the years may be many times the worth of the gun? Even Cuomo isn't this bad.
And before anyone says "they're not taking your guns", how else could the following be explained?
  • Regulate possession of existing assault weapons under the National Firearms Act. Currently, the National Firearms Act requires individuals possessing machine-guns, silencers, and short-barreled rifles to undergo a background check and register those weapons with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF). Due to these requirements, such weapons are rarely used in crimes. As president, Biden will pursue legislation to regulate possession of existing assault weapons under the National Firearms Act. 
  • Buy back the assault weapons and high-capacity magazines already in our communities. Biden will also institute a program to buy back weapons of war currently on our streets. This will give individuals who now possess assault weapons or high-capacity magazines two options: sell the weapons to the government, or register them under the National Firearms Act.
How do you buy something back that you never owned in the first place?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, TACC said:

How do you buy something back that you never owned in the first place

Exactly. Confiscation rephrased in a way that attempts to sound reasonable to the non gun-owner public.

Just like gun ban laws are “gun safety” laws.

Confiscation is confiscation. A turd is a turd.

• Like 2

So below is one of the many tactics the Democrats are trying to use.

Hold gun manufacturers accountable. In 2005, then-Senator Biden voted against the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act, but gun manufacturers successfully lobbied Congress to secure its passage. This law protects these manufacturers from being held civilly liable for their products – a protection granted to no other industry. Biden will prioritize repealing this protection.

Remington has been one company feeling the wrath for years and is in trouble big time from the constant lawsuits. The Sandy Hook lawsuit just got thrown out again but the gun grabbers are looking to reverse the judge's decision and deliver a knockout blow to Remington.

========================================================================

The Gun Grabbing Democrat's argument in a nutshell, "Somehow when Remington Arms delivered the Bushmaster rifle to the wholesaler it engaged in “negligent entrustment.” Remington knew, or should have known, that it might be used unlawfully".

The new argument is so thin that emotion, sensationalism, and a very loose use of the facts are being used in the appeal in an attempt to hide it:

Even crazy Bernie Sanders said 

If somebody has a gun and it falls into the hands of a murderer, and that murderer kills somebody with the gun, do you hold the gun manufacturer responsible? Not any more than you would hold a hammer company responsible if somebody beats somebody [else] over the head with a hammer.

Al

Edited by airedale
  • Like 1

On 10/7/2020 at 8:24 AM, Steuben Jerry said:

The left leadership doesn't give a crap about the second amendment, and doesn't even try to hide it. Yet they swear to uphold bill of rights. 

What about the line that says well regulated militia? Maybe they are just trying to regulate the gun sales?

2 hours ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

Here’s an example of the militias you want to arm with high capacity rifles: 

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/gretchen-whitmer-michigan-fbi-kidnapping-plot/

Again, the best thing we can do to protect our right to bear arms is to be sensible and to distance ourselves from nuts like these.  

I always distance myself form guys like these they are leftist anti trump anarchist not sure that makes them a militia. But if these guys are milita members they are part of the blm antifa militia, I don’t think 99% HNY member want anything to do with these clowns. Listen to them on twitter these are the lefts people.

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/victoria-taft/2020/10/08/at-least-two-of-gretchen-whitmers-kidnapping-conspirators-appear-to-be-anti-trump-anarchists-n1024917/amp?__twitter_impression=true

• Like 2

14 hours ago, BowmanMike said:

What about the line that says well regulated militia? Maybe they are just trying to regulate the gun sales?

So guns sales are the militia ?  Here’s a good read .
https://reason.com/2019/11/03/what-is-a-well-regulated-militia-anyway/

Edited by Nomad
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

Here’s an example of the militias you want to arm with high capacity rifles: 

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/gretchen-whitmer-michigan-fbi-kidnapping-plot/

Again, the best thing we can do to protect our right to bear arms is to be sensible and to distance ourselves from nuts like these.  

the US constitution was established by Individuals who chose to create an completely different type of government, in which the People would always maintain the power to over through their own government should it become tyrannical! the second amendment was meant as a check and balance to keep the federal government inline, to remind the government leaders that the people have the power to remove them even by force if necessary! it was to assure that the government fears the people instead of the people fearing the government!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, phantom said:

the US constitution was established by Individuals who chose to create an completely different type of government, in which the People would always maintain the power to over through their own government should it become tyrannical! the second amendment was meant as a check and balance to keep the federal government inline, to remind the government leaders that the people have the power to remove them even by force if necessary! it was to assure that the government fears the people instead of the people fearing the government!

Quite the constitutional scholar you’ve become. 

So you view the militia that planned to kidnap Michigan’s governor as doing the people’s work of tempering a tyrannical government? These are crazy f@cks and you’d do all responsible gun owners a favor by making it absolutely clear that they do not represent our views. Dumb f@ck militia groups, not Beto, are the ones that actually endanger our gun rights.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

So you view the militia that planned to kidnap Michigan’s governor as doing the people’s work of tempering a tyrannical government?

I think you need a brush up on reading comprehension "Oh Superior One" because that is not what I read in that post.

The truth is clear to see who endangers gun rights, it is Democrats and their clear agenda especially "BETO" and non hunting trolls like yourself!!

Al

Edited by airedale
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1