Rhino 180 Ground Blind

I picked this up at Gander Outdoors for about 160 dollars. I was looking at the Primos Surroundview models, but cant justify 300 dollars for a blind I am going to leave up year round for turkey and deer season.

I really like that there is no velcro or zippers on the windows/door. Instead they have clips that go up and down to the desired height for the windows. The doors are clips that attach to the hub poles, both are very quiet to close. 

I have not been in it during any weather so I am not sure how bad the see through mesh is going to leak, but I am positive its going to. It does a great job of hiding you though while giving a great view out. 

I am over 6 feet and fat, but dont feel cramped in it. They claims it fits three, but I don't see that myself. I have plenty of room for me and my gear however and could fit one of my kids as well. 

There are loops on the top to use for brushing it in, which is nice. I havent seen that on many of the other models I have looked at. 

20201008_094947.jpg

• Like 2

Looks like a nice blind! If you're concerned about snow collapsing the blind and/or breaking rods, what I do is put a adjustable shower curtain rod in the center for support when I'm not in the blind. To ensure the rod won't damage the blind with heavy snow, I'll put a hotseat or seat cushion in between the end of the rod and the blind. Never had an issue! Enjoy the blind!  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Cabin Fever said:

Looks like a nice blind! If you're concerned about snow collapsing the blind and/or breaking rods, what I do is put a adjustable shower curtain rod in the center for support when I'm not in the blind. To ensure the rod won't damage the blind with heavy snow, I'll put a hotseat or seat cushion in between the end of the rod and the blind. Never had an issue! Enjoy the blind!  

Great tip! Think I'll try it, thanks!

• 1 month later...

Just got the same rhino 180 blind from gander outdoors as well! However tried to set it up and it seems mine came inside out or something? Really tried everything except taking apart the poles am I doing something wrong? I know it’s supposed to be easy and pretty much pop out but mine is definitely inside out.. anyone got any info or something I can do? Thanks!

5 hours ago, Stevepilk said:

Just got the same rhino 180 blind from gander outdoors as well! However tried to set it up and it seems mine came inside out or something? Really tried everything except taking apart the poles am I doing something wrong? I know it’s supposed to be easy and pretty much pop out but mine is definitely inside out.. anyone got any info or something I can do? Thanks!

Not really sure how to proceed there except put it in the box and take it back to the store. Are the tie down strings on the outside, poles on the inside ?