Land leases

REDNECK4LIFE32

I've only ever had one "lease". No money exchanged hands, so I'm not sure if it qualifies as an actual lease. A bunch of years back I was down in Hemlock turkey hunting in the watershed. Didn't have any luck and was driving home on 15A when I saw a few birds in a field on the side of the road. I pulled into the driveway and knocked on the door of the old farmhouse. A cranky old woman answered. She was very cranky, and very old. We got to talking and eventually she softened up. She eventually invited me in and offered me a slice of her strawberry rhubarb pie while she hand wrote up a "lease" allowing me to hunt on her property in exchange for help around the property. She even wrote it in the letter that I had to sit and have tea with her whenever I stopped by. She's long since passed away and the farm was divided up in the estate. I wish I kept that letter. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bolt action said:

I've only ever had one "lease". No money exchanged hands, so I'm not sure if it qualifies as an actual lease. A bunch of years back I was down in Hemlock turkey hunting in the watershed. Didn't have any luck and was driving home on 15A when I saw a few birds in a field on the side of the road. I pulled into the driveway and knocked on the door of the old farmhouse. A cranky old woman answered. She was very cranky, and very old. We got to talking and eventually she softened up. She eventually invited me in and offered me a slice of her strawberry rhubarb pie while she hand wrote up a "lease" allowing me to hunt on her property in exchange for help around the property. She even wrote it in the letter that I had to sit and have tea with her whenever I stopped by. She's long since passed away and the farm was divided up in the estate. I wish I kept that letter. 

Oh man, I haven't had a killer strawberry rhubarb pie since my great grandmother passed.

• Like 2