Youth season success thread.(unofficial)

mowin

Had a great day hunting. Dom and I had a nice 8 pt run by, then turn and follow the ridge 100 yrds out.  He just couldn't find a opening he was comfortable with for a shot.  Had a doe bed down 100 yrds out for a hr or so.  This evening we hunted a field edge.  Had 8 doe, fawn about 150 yrds out.  Around 5:45 Dom spotted a deer 80yrds, behind the only tree in this field. It was a buck.  After 20 minutes of this deer facing us, turning broadside, but behind limbs. Walking away, then turning around and coming back, Dom finally had a shot.  Dropped in it tracks. Needed a second shot in the neck when we walked up to it as he spined it.   Nice little 7 pt.  Wow was he excited. 

IMG_20201010_180037053_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg

Edited by mowin
  • Like 31

This afternoon it was Tyler who connected.  We were walking in, and when we got to the field, I spotted a 4pt feeding.   Tyler had to sneak a few yrds to clear the hedge row, and used the bipod on his .270 to get a solid rest.  105 yrds. Deer went 10' and dropped. 122lb 4 pt.  Couldn't smack that smile from his face. 

Tomorrow both Tyler and Dom get a lesson on processing deer. 

IMG_20201011_152002971.jpg

Edited by mowin
  • Like 20

38 minutes ago, G-Man said:

85193.thumb.jpeg.57f039d1afc8ac5ce6390c2411bd1926.jpegMy youngest nephew connected on his 1st deer this afternoon  , a nice doe at 90 yards , shot with my Henry single shot 30 30.. his father was sitting with him, liver and both lungs on a quartering shot , went 40 yards and dropped.imageproxy.php?img=&key=e19349f16091ac34:stop:

She looks like a good size doe.  Congrats on his first deer.

• Thanks 1