Piledrivers inconsistent

loworange88

Hey everyone.  I am shooting CX piledriver 20” bolts and I’m using Slick Trick magnum 100 broad heads.  I’m getting a lot of inconsistencies between the BH and the field points.  Field points are hitting great.  BH are all over the map....I’ve finally got 2 bolts with BH that hit POA....the others are either hitting right, or hitting high and right.  I’ve swapped BH on other bolts and I’m getting mixed results.  Does this sound like a bolt issue?  So far after an hour, of messing around, two BH bolts hit POA, and now the field tip bolts are hitting high right, where as before the field tips would hit POA, and the BH would be low left. I’m getting frustrated at this point.  What should be my next course of action?  Thanks.

I have a 370 as well - I use piledrivers too (maybe because of you haha) and my issues were with the BH, not the bolt. I bought two piledriver 6 packs and confirmed my original BH choice was not going to work due to inconsistencies. Just my experience.

Edited by SilentStalker

What distances are you shooting? I am using the same crossbow and bolts but with Muzzy Trocar broadheads. At 30 yards there is about a 2" point of impact difference between field tips and the broadheads, but the broadheads group well - within 2". If I go out to 40 yards the broadhead group opens up considerable though.

Funny.  I also shoot a Sniper 370 and Piledrivers.  I found that one batch of bolts didn't shoot quite the same as the other.  I just shot them and picked out the top performers for my quiver.  I shoot Wasp Jakhammer broadheads.  Being a mechanical, they shoot the same as a field point.  Not sure if this helps, but you could nock tune them as well.  

Thanks for the responses.  I ended up spending a good amount of time shooting and adjusting the scope to bring it all back in.  I also spent some time swapping heads on different bolts to find the ones that "pair" up.  I was able to get it basically dialed back in so that the field tips and BH were hitting in the same spot...I did all of this at 30 yards.  On my Block target at 30 yards, I can keep all the bolts inside the 4" circle.  I have not yet been able to get out and shoot the xbow for a follow up session to double make sure...perhaps one night this week or the weekend.