A little confused

Chef

So as many of you know i sold my camp this year and am hunting the woods behind my brother in laws house.

Scouted this summer and hung some stands on some great deer trails. Lots of action on my cams all

Summer. I show up for my first hunt October 2 and there is a dead rotting doe 15 yards from my stand.

Probably EHD I hunt it any way and in my first 3 hunts I see 12 deer. They all came from different directions. The 3rd hunt was disturbed by two other hunters that got a doe. Since that day I have not seen a deer. Not a one. All cams are dead. Nothing. I will say the acorns dried up and this 400 acre wood lot is surrounded by suburbia. Did the deer just move on to the back yards to eat for now or is something else in play? What are your guys thoughts

I’ve been huntinh hard... I think I skipped one day since the first. Going to take a few days off I think but would love to hear what the group thinks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could very well be the draw is done. Any other signs of activity on the cams? kids in the area? I would wander the edges of the area and look for changes, activity, etc. Is there other food in the area like corn/apples they may have moved to? bedding areas?

• Like 1

If the acorns dried up, I’d say 2 things. Increased pressure and lack of food. There’s plenty of food near the homes with less hunting pressure. Time to put the boots to the ground and do some more scouting. 

That’s what I did this morning, did a little scouting found a nice rub line on the border of hardwoods and the swamp. May sit it with my climber this afternoon and then take a bit of a break

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk