Broadhead Choice

Overtkill

I switched to the Ramcats
125 this year and had two deer down in 40 yards, pretty happy. One of them lost a blade and bent another in the ground after pass through but I don't reuse heads anyway. I'd like to see them stay intact regardless but who knows what it hit underground

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Why would anyone want shoot a barbed broadhead? It is bad enough if a bad shot happens,but then having a broadhead that will nevercome out on its own just makes it worse. Either you can find the deer or you don't,but it seems much harder for a deer to survive if the broadhead doesnt come out. 

I went to two blade single bevel heads this year and don't plan on changing that. I might try some different weights,but that's it.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, grampy said:

Used NAP Thunderheads for years. Now using Muzzy MX4s. Both are great broadheads. And will do what they are intended to do very well.

I switched to three blade Muzzys several years ago because I was having a hard time finding blades for Thunderheads, and just kind of stuck with them. I don’t know there’s much of a performance difference, but I have a good supply of blades and such for the Muzzys now. 

Edited by Splitear

1 hour ago, phade said:

I am a fan of the Grim Reaper mechanicals and Slick Trick Standards. They've been on the front end of my arrows for a long time now. Every once in a while I'll test a new BH but nothing so far tops them IMO.

Love the grim reapers.  I shoot the whitetail specials and they are just devastating.