Online ammo

E J

Have any of you guys bought ammo online? I took a ride to bass pro shops in Auburn today and they didn't have hardly any ammo. I'd like to get some rifle ammo to do some shooting before the season but have never tried ordering any online. Does anyone have any recommendations for where to order from?

Good ,luck . Try Buds guns online they ship to NY . The ammo shortage started in March ,with it hitting hunting ammo a month or so, ago .

Ive ordered from Buds tons of times . 

What are you looking for ? 

15 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

Is there a shortage on reloading supplies?

You bet your bippy there is. Pistol bullets for 9MM are just about impossible to find and primers especially small pistol primers are hard to come by. If you can find them expect to pay almost double what they would go for 6 months ago.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Moho81 said:

Is there a shortage on reloading supplies? has their ever been a shortage on reloading supplies? 

They reloading supplies eventually get short too. The difference is once your set up and have your stuff you commonly have enough for years and can weather storms like this. Just buy in bulk and forget it. 

• Like 4

From what I’ve read, manufacturers have production runs scheduled out one or two years in advance , with 9mm and .223 being the top, dogs . Some Gov. purchases orders take years to fill , and some ammo is only produced every few years ! Odd ball or less popular rounds one may have quite a wait ,till they find it again .

For those who do not reload I would seriously consider getting into it. It does not take a lot of money to equip yourself with good quality equipment. Do not be afraid to buy used, it is almost impossible to wear presses and dies out. Ebay is your friend as there is plenty of good used everything at a good savings. 

Don't wait, be prepared.

Al

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mlammerhirt said:

The rcbs looks to be half price compared to new.

It also looks to be covered in rust which could mean a lot of clean up to get it 100%.

I have a Lee and am not overly impressed with it but it serves my needs.  Just know what you are getting because the expense of getting set up the way you like can add up fast.

So today I found some ammo for my 6.5 PRC. I figured there was no chance in hell of finding what I wanted at a dicks of all places but I stopped at the one in Webster today and they had 10 boxs. I couldn't believe it! I bought 5. I probably should have bought them all.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...