Now these were hungry coyotes !

Nomad

My friends in Montana, knocked down three antelopes ie pronghorns this past weekend  . Anywho , one was shot at last light and left over night , this is what was left . Yikes most I’ve seen gone here on a deer was a chunk out of his a$$ .

ACAA31D4-80E9-4273-89DD-C936D1700914.png

96055927-57A1-4939-A4E8-67C78CE7C642.png

797E4AFA-6480-4AB0-AAE1-A7C9DFF21165.jpeg

• Like 2

I’ve had a buck here I shot once left 7 hours overnight and nothing left but hide and bones. 3-4-5 yotes can make quick work of a deer. Other times I’ve seen them take days or more. I put a cam over a winter kill and had a pair visit that carcass for weeks. They would dig down into the snow and eat off it and lay around. Then not return for days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here, a few years ago I shot a doe opening night, wasn't sure where the hit was so decided to wait a bit. Well it started pouring shortly after. I decided just to wait til the morning and do a body search. The next morning it was still pouring, I looked for an hour or so through a bunch of thick stuff. I expanded out to the more open woods and I almost stepped on a leg, separated from the body, it was the entire front shoulder with a piece of hide hanging from it. I looked and looked and never did find the rest of the body. It does not take them long.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

I have also seen a carcass dragged away and picked clean in 24 hrs. but a rule it takes a couple of days or so to pick it clean.

That could also be a wolf kill. I believe parts of Montana are having some problems with wolves

https://www.mtpr.org/post/hunters-trappers-take-aim-limiting-montanas-wolf-population

They also have a population of mountain lions and grizzlies.

Could have been any of the above.

52 minutes ago, Gencountyzeek said:

Mmm...id like to yote hunt there!

They know a guy who’s high school, aged son bought a new pick up off the money he got from one year of trapping them ( many years ago )  . They have a pic of what looks like a long wood fence lining a road, it’s really the pelts hanging on a wire fence .

• Like 1

My buddy shot s doe couple years ago and we waited until morning to track.  They had it down to bones.  Only thing on the head that was touch was a chunk missing out of an ear.  It's insane they are that much of the face.    Are there wolves in Montana?  Maybe that's what got ahold of it.