Cost of a new burner and installation?

First-light

So my rental in Corning needs two new burners. They are really old and it's time. Each one heats a 1 bedroom apartment. I think the current Natural gas hot air burners are 60,000 BTU. 

Any thoughts on what I should be paying for the new burners and installation? Duct work is all good. 

Thanks,

FL

60k btu gas fired furnace (forced hot air): $750-$1500 efficiency rating, make, and warranty dependent.

Transition pieces to adapt to existing ductwork: $200

PVC for venting: $250

Adapt existing gas piping: $200

Installation: $1000-$1500 location dependent

Contractor mark up ??? (30%ish)

This is a rough estimate per unit and what I would expect to pay (my cost)

I have been in the HVAV field for longer than I care to admit (30 yrs). A new furnace this size will typically run in the neighborhood of $3500 to $5000 installed, for the metro area. Hydro air (using a boiler and hot water coil) will be considerably more if the boiler has to be replaced as well. Perhaps the labor and mark up is less where you are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, squirrelwhisperer said:

60k btu gas fired furnace (forced hot air): $750-$1500 efficiency rating, make, and warranty dependent.

Transition pieces to adapt to existing ductwork: $200

PVC for venting: $250

Adapt existing gas piping: $200

Installation: $1000-$1500 location dependent

Contractor mark up ??? (30%ish)

This is a rough estimate per unit and what I would expect to pay (my cost)

I have been in the HVAV field for longer than I care to admit (30 yrs). A new furnace this size will typically run in the neighborhood of $3500 to $5000 installed, for the metro area. Hydro air (using a boiler and hot water coil) will be considerably more if the boiler has to be replaced as well. Perhaps the labor and mark up is less where you are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You know your shit!!! Ball park estimate was 3500-4000 each. Right on the money, thanks!

• 2 weeks later...