Pellet gun license NYC

My understanding of it: Pellet and BB guns also require a rifle permit in NYC. You need to apply and register it like any rifle with the local precinct chief, you will need a sponsor who also has a rifle license (to take control of the weapon in case you are not well) and the process typically takes about 18months (pre covid) .  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ChrisW74 said:

My understanding of it: Pellet and BB guns also require a rifle permit in NYC. You need to apply and register it like any rifle with the local precinct chief, you will need a sponsor who also has a rifle license (to take control of the weapon in case you are not well) and the process typically takes about 18months (pre covid) .  

Oh well, that NYC for us I guess......

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ChrisW74 said:

Process only take a couple of months...not 18.

Crossbows are illegal.  So are blow guns.  Law states that you cannot have the gun/weapon within city limits.  Nothing about owning it.  I have heard of people who store their firearms in a storage place right outside of the city.  I have an airgun up at my uncles place up in White Plains.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Elmo said:

Crossbows are illegal.  So are blow guns.  Law states that you cannot have the gun/weapon within city limits.  Nothing about owning it.  I have heard of people who store their firearms in a storage place right outside of the city.  I have an airgun up at my uncles place up in White Plains.

hmmm so these kind of storage places actually exists....are they expensive?

2 minutes ago, Elmo said:

my application sat in queens PD for over 6 months with no movement, when inquired their response to me was 18 minimum was typical and my Vet status had no bearing ... that's when I canceled and started learning to shot a bow.  not sure if different stations handle it differently though. There was an airgun I really wanted but oh well.