New hunter

Theblackredneck

New bow hunter from NYC (1st ) season...

Father ,LOVER OF ALL PEOPLE with Morales and self respect.

If your looking for a hunting partner who wants to do it all ( Ethically & Safe )im ya man. I’ve never hunted but Been interested just wasn’t something you seen in my neighborhood growing up. 

I have all my tags equipment. Been out 2x this season even as a new hunter, I had a spike at 15 yrds and didn’t take it. Good luck to all 

• Like 13

6 minutes ago, Theblackredneck said:

I have a few places in mind I wanna check out in Westchester...I wanna do coyote but not sure of the regulations totally. Especially in Westchester. In due time I wanna do it all GOD willing 

Westchester is Bow Only , which is why they are overrun with Deer ! The problem is finding good hunting ground there ! I used to hunt Camp Smith when I was active duty Military !

Welcome!! Glad to have you join us!

I admire your enthusiasm and drive for hunting! I hope you can find someone close to where you are to team up with. If you ever get up to the capitol region, I'd be happy to take you on a hunt.

If you get another close shot with the bow, take it! Any deer with the bow is a trophy!! And you will also start to learn the fine art of gutting, dragging, and processing your hard earned deer!

Wishing you safe and successful hunting sir.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GreeneHunter said:

Westchester is Bow Only , which is why they are overrun with Deer ! The problem is finding good hunting ground there ! I used to hunt Camp Smith when I was active duty Military !

Yea just started I wasn’t quiet comfortable being in the Wood bow hunting while people are shooting guns so Westchester was always my 1st choice  Eventually I wanna venture further north or west. Thank you good luck 

Welcome aboard.  Bronx native myself as well.  Haven't been able to go out much the last few years with kids getting in the way but will eventually make my way out again.  Good luck out there.  Feel free to ask any questions.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Theblackredneck said:

If your looking for a hunting partner who wants to do it all ( Ethically & Safe )im ya man. I’ve never hunted but Been interested just wasn’t something you seen in my neighborhood growing up. 

I have all my tags equipment. Been out 2x this season even as a new hunter, I had a spike at 15 yrds and didn’t take it. Good luck to all 

Welcome! There’s a good number of hunters in the city. A great resource for getting started is New York BHA. They’re active on social media too and you can find links for events here:  

https://www.backcountryhunters.org/new_york

On 10/16/2020 at 7:27 AM, Theblackredneck said:

Welcome to the new world of hunting.

Better late than never.

Fortunately, there's plenty of state land around open for bow hunting in lower NY state.

Unfortunately, most of that land is crawling with lyme infested tics and diseased deer now.

Harvesting game is only one aspect of hunting , you also need to have a plan with what your going to do with your kill afterwards ?

Gutting, dragging and transporting a deer to a processor or home is mostly overlooked when contemplating deer hunting.

Hopefully you can find a mentor to guide you, but if you have any questions, I'm available.

SJC

1 hour ago, Shoots100 said:

Welcome to the new world of hunting.

Better late than never.

Fortunately, there's plenty of state land around open for bow hunting in lower NY state.

Unfortunately, most of that land is crawling with lyme infested tics and diseased deer now.

Harvesting game is only one aspect of hunting , you also need to have a plan with what your going to do with your kill afterwards ?

Gutting, dragging and transporting a deer to a processor or home is mostly overlooked when contemplating deer hunting.

Hopefully you can find a mentor to guide you, but if you have any questions, I'm available.

SJC

Thank you...I’ve been looking in the 3S zone besides the typical places to go. I’m gonna take a different approach preparing for next season. I’ve been looking for a mentor, Kinda hard. But imma figure it out. 

Welcome to the best group of Sportspersons around.  Good call on the spike, but they do taste good, lol.  Take a look and try to guess their age, an older spike should be taken.  Ask for advice on where to go.   Upstate always been good to me, make sure to read your hunting booklet, always check out hunting implements for any area before going in.