11pt’er I was watching taken off the board

mike103

I did not have him on my trail cam but I did see him in person several times including in velvet. 

Well the neighbor took him with the bow this week. Here he is.

I’m not upset. I took a 10 last year during Xbow that he had on camera. That’s how this game goes. 

But next year by hook or crook I will find a compound I can shoot and get out October 1st. Or hopefully the Xbow will be legal for the entire archery season.  

12B622D8-676E-41D2-84BC-19AAF1982303.jpeg

• Like 22

I did not have him on my trail cam but I did see him in person several times including in velvet. 

I’m not upset. I took a 10 last year during Xbow that he had on camera. That’s how this game goes. 

But next year by hook or crook I will find a compound I can shoot and get out October 1st. Or hopefully the Xbow will be legal for the entire archery season.  
12B622D8-676E-41D2-84BC-19AAF1982303.thumb.jpeg.adc758acabc7010295bef717e7d8d2a7.jpeg
Wowza what a stud buck!

#ThankYouForLessOverzealousModding #WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

52 minutes ago, mike103 said:

Hey Mike,

do you have an injury that prevents usage of most compounds or am I misinterpreting what you typed?   Nice Buck your neighbor got!

good luck. I hope you get a bigger one this week.

-Chris W

No not an injury. I’m right handed but shoot left handed because of a left dominate eye. 

I tried a left handed bow many,  many years ago before mechanical releases and my shooting was not proficient enough to hunt. But with the new technology I’m hoping I can overcome it.

Being retired I have more time to practice and pick out the right bow.

I don’t know about others but in our area of 4P and 4R more people are hunting and using bow, Xbow, and BP to hunt with. 

I think the antler restrictions have a lot to do with it. My group that have been hunting together for 47 years we’re all gun at one time have taken up the muzzleloader, Xbow and compound as of late. Not all. Some do one and not the other. But all methods are represented in our group. 

Which is all a good thing. And the fact that we have four under 40 year old hunters is great. And we are about to add a youngster. 

Someone has to drag for us old guys. 

1 hour ago, mike103 said:

12B622D8-676E-41D2-84BC-19AAF1982303.jpeg

Beautiful buck! This is out in Suffolk?

No not an injury. I’m right handed but shoot left handed because of a left dominate eye. 

I tried a left handed bow many,  many years ago before mechanical releases and my shooting was not proficient enough to hunt. But with the new technology I’m hoping I can overcome it.
Being retired I have more time to practice and pick out the right bow.
I don’t know about others but in our area of 4P and 4R more people are hunting and using bow, Xbow, and BP to hunt with. 

I think the antler restrictions have a lot to do with it. My group that have been hunting together for 47 years we’re all gun at one time have taken up the muzzleloader, Xbow and compound as of late. Not all. Some do one and not the other. But all methods are represented in our group. 

Which is all a good thing. And the fact that we have four under 40 year old hunters is great. And we are about to add a youngster. 

Someone has to drag for us old guys. 
In all seriousness try shooting a right handed bow with both eyes open.

Although my son is only six I am trying to cross this bridge for him since he is in the same situation as you with being right handed and left eye dominate.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I too face the dilemma of being right handed and left eye dominant. For that reason I have just stuck to using my crossbow. I’m interested to find out from other guys who have this problem if they just shoot a bow right handed or learn to shoot left handed

I switched when I was 12. I’m 66 so there is no going back. 1/3 or all men have this problem it’s very common. Let your son shoot lefty. You won’t regret it.

I’m a registered skeet shooter and a shooting instructor thru the NSSA. I have experience in this.

• Like 1

That’s how it goes unfortunately sometimes Mike. I had a local buck that one of the neighbors shot a couple years ago . It definitely stings a bit but that’s why we don’t hunt high fences like 1 member here does. Keep at it and I’m sure your neighbor is over the moon and for that should make any hunter happy. 

55 minutes ago, LICOASTIE said:

I too face the dilemma of being right handed and left eye dominant. For that reason I have just stuck to using my crossbow. I’m interested to find out from other guys who have this problem if they just shoot a bow right handed or learn to shoot left handed

6 minutes ago, mike103 said:

I switched when I was 12. I’m 66 so there is no going back. 1/3 or all men have this problem it’s very common. Let your son shoot lefty. You won’t regret it.

I’m a registered skeet shooter and a shooting instructor thru the NSSA. I have experience in this.

i have this same problem.  I shoot right handed still and just close the left eye and its been fine, but if i could go back would prob try to shoot lefty.  Esp if just starting out.  years ago there were less options and i am pretty set in what i do to change it now after all these years.  Id rather not loose the muscle memory, anchor points etc now but if just starting to shoot bow I would go lefty.  Plus Lefties often have more bows left on the shelves on discount at the end of the year.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sodfather said:

That’s how it goes unfortunately sometimes Mike. I had a local buck that one of the neighbors shot a couple years ago . It definitely stings a bit but that’s why we don’t hunt high fences like 1 member here does. Keep at it and I’m sure your neighbor is over the moon and for that should make any hunter happy. 

you meant to tag @The Jerkman

2 hours ago, sodfather said:

It does make me happy. Last year he was watching the ten I shot. Showed a picture to his FIL. FIL was dying and said the SIL would get that ten. He died before the season ended and did not know I shot the ten.

The SIL believes the FIL brought that 11 to him this year.

• Like 3