Hunting Camp During COVID

accman

3 hours ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Unless you have underlying health issues I wouldn’t even think about it. The mental fatigue of worrying about it is far more deadly than the virus itself to healthy individuals.

This^^^^

I work in the trades, I have been on 11 job sites in the last month and last week where one day there were no less then 13 different crews on one big project and other then the guy who templates for stone counters not one mask or bottle of sanitizer anything on a job.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I respect people's wishes and don't force anything on anyone. I have one friend who is terrified. I haven't seen him in months. But for elderly family and friends who aren't worried and go to stores, restaurants, etc. and want to see me I will gladly hang out with them. Same goes for forum GTG's. I'll shake hands, or fist bump, or nothing at all. whatever makes you happy.

I'm not as cavalier and lean more on the cautious side but I agree with this.

If you're not concerned, you have every right to do so.  If you're concerned, you have every right to be.  Just respect the wishes of others.  For example...my son is doing hybrid.  When he is in school, he wears a mask all day.  Once he gets out, all his friends hit the playground and run around.  Good luck keeping those masks on then.  Naturally, you talk to the other parents.  If the other parent has their mask on, I put mine on when I talk to them.  If I see they have theirs down...then I pull mines down as well.

Mask doesn't protect you anyway.  It serves to protects others around you.  The key is to have good air circulation.  Might be best to keep a couple of windows open and spend as much time outside by a fire.

• Like 1

This^^^^
I work in the trades, I have been on 11 job sites in the last month and last week where one day there were no less then 13 different crews on one big project and other then the guy who templates for stone counters not one mask or bottle of sanitizer anything on a job.

I also work in an environment where it’s completely impossible to not be around others. It would be completely impossible to social distance and rarely wear masks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s a hard topic everyone has there own feel.

While I totally agree this is overblown, the death counts are way off. Anyone who died of just about anything related is a listed under Covid. And a ton of people have or will get this and have no effect.

But on the other hand there are reports of kids and younger folks having weird after effects and issues so I do not know how true but I can say we don’t know what long term results could be.

I am responsible for hundreds of employees and I have to be a stickler as there are not only moral responsibilities but legal ramifications. So there is no slacking at work.

Home life, I am not worried for me but have elderly parents. My mom has copd amongst other issues. I would never want to compromise her. But she says her life is so sad right now not getting to hug her grandkids, see her friends......... so you start questioning do you relax and live a bit for a year and die or live 2 alone in hiding and die? Which is better?

I am pretty careful around anyone I don’t know. Amongst friends and family we get together and are pretty lax. We all protect ourselves outside of our group pretty well.

Sorry so long and disjointed but I have college kids, employees, elderly compromised parents and friends and family who teach and work in hospital so it’s stuff we regularly discuss.

I feel if your close enough to hunt with guns together you should be able to talk about it and see if you feel comfortable or not. Do you that is all that counts in the end.

Lo

• Like 4

6 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

It's seriously contagious but the odds of getting symptoms are slim and the odds of hospitalization are not even statistically relevant. I'm not worrying about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

8 milion cases,over 200k deaths,statistically irrelevant? That is over 2%,and that is deaths,not hospitalizations.  You must use different math...

8 milion cases,over 200k deaths,statistically irrelevant? That is over 2%,and that is deaths,not hospitalizations.  You must use different math...

My question is how many that died from lung disease, heart failure, reg flu, natural causes or whatever are in that number?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Fletch said:

My question is how many that died from lung disease, heart failure, reg flu, natural causes or whatever are in that number?

If COVID put the final nail in wasn’t it the cause? 

What you’re saying if someone has cancer but gets hit by a bus the cause of death should be cancer? 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Billdogge said:

What you’re saying if someone has cancer but gets hit by a bus the cause of death should be cancer? 

That's exactly what happened with covid,the numbers are so miscalculated and skewed that we'll never know the true number . The worst thing anybody us can do is trust what the nightly news has to say about it ,the news is a business, they are out to make money ,they make money through advertising, doom and gloom sells advertising, the media does not care about you or I in the least bit.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

That's exactly what happened with covid,the numbers are so miscalculated and skewed that we'll never know the true number . The worst thing anybody us can do is trust what the nightly news has to say about it ,the news is a business, they are out to make money ,they make money through advertising, doom and gloom sells advertising, the media does not care about you or I in the least bit.

You misunderstood what you quoted - Covid is the bus.
If you distrust all news sources (an absurd precondition), read the scientific literature. 

Edited by Versatile_Hunter
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Do what your comfortable with and don’t worry about what other people think.

Just some food for thought I have been at camp for 4 weeks now with the number of people ranging from 6-16. No masks and no real social distancing. We all work 40+ hour a week jobs dealing with the restrictions of masks and social distancing. But it’s a breath of fresh air to be at camp and not deal with it.

We are all comfortable with it and if someone wasn’t we would not give them a hard time about it.

No one in camp has gotten sick.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, BowmanMike said:

If you believe those numbers are right then I got a bridge to sell you. The 1 person i know that died from covid was battling and in last stages of lung cancer and guess what is on his death certificate? I am not saying the covid is not dangerous to some cause it is but it is definitely somewhat overblown.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, cbyzerman said:

If you believe those numbers are right then I got a bridge to sell you. The 1 person i know that died from covid was battling and in last stages of lung cancer and guess what is on his death certificate? I am not saying the covid is not dangerous to some cause it is but it is definitely somewhat overblown.

Trade you that bridge for a nice island...

12 hours ago, phantom said:

I will only go in a store or near people with a n95 mask on  why take a chance , I don't like getting the normal flu let alone this  bat flu .

True that... I get sick like once every 10 yrs and I act like a little bitch... Just a sore throat ruins my day 

• Like 1

The chances of me getting it, then getting sick, then needing hospitalization, then dying are what? Listen I'm not an ahole. I wear my mask when required, avoid crowds etc but I have my "circle of trust" and am not hiding in a bunker.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

The chances of me getting it, then getting sick, then needing hospitalization, then dying are what? Listen I'm not an ahole. I wear my mask when required, avoid crowds etc but I have my "circle of trust" and am not hiding in a bunker.

Alright. Sometimes it is hard to know what people mean exactly when it is written down. I do the same as you.

I was talking about the ones who never were even tested and died. If it had anything to do with respiratory or pulmonary it was listed under Covid. And don’t tell me that was not happening especially when if it was listed as Covid they new free funding was coming. This was highly reported in the beginning. I think/hope since it is not as bad.

And no I don’t trust the news. And scientists, well you can put 10 in a room and be lucky to have half agree on anything.

I’m not saying it’s not bad and not real. I did read that something like 98% of the deaths had pre existing conditions.