Rattling antlers

ATbuckhunter

Let me know when you figure it out. I've tried the synthetic antlers (bulky and noisy) and the set i have now looks like a couple of knobby disks that you grind together. They're much more compact and stay quiet until I need them, but still haven't brought me any luck. I've never had an experience where I feel confident that a deer came in because I rattled.

• Like 2

I've rattled in a few bucks over the yrs. Nothing big tho.  The bleat can is a different story.  I've taken some great bucks using one of those. Most of those, however, were bucks that I could see and watch the reaction. 

I only use real antlers just a small rack.  I can usually rattle in one a year.  Usually smaller guys but it's fun to watch them.  I did almost have an 8 run me over years ago while I was on the ground.  I use my grunt tube and make sure I smash up leaves and sticks.  I also dont slam them just tickle them together with maybe one or 2 grunts and sometimes a snortwheeze.

Let me know when you figure it out. I've tried the synthetic antlers (bulky and noisy) and the set i have now looks like a couple of knobby disks that you grind together. They're much more compact and stay quiet until I need them, but still haven't brought me any luck. I've never had an experience where I feel confident that a deer came in because I rattled.
Sounds like the knight and hale rack pack it's like a greyish blue color

#ThankYouForLessOverzealousModding #WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

I haven’t rattled that much, but it does work.
I’ve rattled a few in with real antlers and managed to kill a really nice 6 point. 

My buddy last year in Ohio killed a nice ten point , using the black rack, rattling system. I bought it and it sounds pretty decent. And they pack easier than real horns.

I rattled in a nice 10 point during archery season.  It was raining that day and he walked straight to my stand, clearly in a state of very high alert.  Had I aimed for the heart, on the 20 yard broadside shot, he might have ended up in my freezer instead of my friend's, who lives around the corner. 

She harvested him 3 weeks later, with a shotgun. All that remained of my shoulder blade arrow strike was a big scar and some missing hair.  I had aimed center chest, but he ducked quick at the sound of my arrow release.

That is the issue with rattling or grunting with s subsonic weapon.  If you want the deer to be in the same place when the arrow launches  as when it strikes, your odds are better if the deer is not on high alert.  Complete surprise is always best.  You blow any chance of that the second you tickle those horns or blow that grunt tube.

Back to topic, I used medium sized real antlers cut from a 2.5 year old 7-point.  They were a pain to carry but also brought in several other bucks.

The rattle bag I carry now (during gun and ML season only), is much easier to pack, but has yet to bring in a buck.

Edited by wolc123