String stopper

Robhuntandfish

Yes it’s an Allen wrench.   I move it out to just lightly touch string.  Some like 1/8” gap.  Try shooting and see which is better.  I would not put a screw in the missing one.   You can find the correct Allen head insert screws (not sure of correct name).  One should hold it in the meantime.  

Edited by moog5050
  • Thanks 1

Get  some blue lock tight and put a small dab on the set screws, they have vibrated loose from shooting , this will prevent it from happening again . If you have a value home center or tractor supply near you they should have the set screw you need. 

Edited by rob-c

JMO, but I'd do a little research and possibly contact bow mfger just to verify you get correct set screw. Might even list it's size in the owner's manual somewhere. Could be metric or inch..... No sense in messing up the threads on that second hole if in doubt of exact threads/set screw needed. Sure you've thought of this already!!! Ditto for blue thread locker!

2 minutes ago, nyslowhand said:

JMO, but I'd do a little research and possibly contact bow mfger just to verify you get correct set screw. Might even list it's size in the owner's manual somewhere. Could be metric or inch..... No sense in messing up the threads on that second hole if in doubt of exact threads/set screw needed. Sure you've thought of this already!!! Ditto for blue thread locker!

Think I am going to send the company an email and see if they might send one.  Otherwise I am going to have to take out the one I have to size it right. 

Most good hardware stores will have a "sizing board" (?) located very close somewhere in the nuts and bolts aisle. This guage board type thing has both male and female thread examples to compare to the one you bring in with you. Your's should be standard size. I'd personally buy two new bolts (replace the other one as well) cause they're cheap. Loctite and just snug them up. Easy fix. Good luck.