The “ here’s where I found ammo “ thread

Nomad

Since so many cant find ammo , perhaps we can keep this going . Post where and when you found ammo ,and what they had .

Sunday oct 18 , 2pm Dicks Webster ( yes the enemy but they have ammo you might need ) .

7mm08 140 gr    the rest I forget the weight 

7mm

450 Bushmaster 

a few more but I wasn’t thinking of doing this at the time 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Gencountyzeek said:

Cabelas in cheektowaga on friday had blazer brass 9mm for $15 a box.

DDs ranch in alden has most common hunting rounds, and tons of slugs and birdshot.

That’s a deal on the 9mm 

Bass Pro in Utica, yesterday. No 22lr, 12g slugs. Very limited supply of center fire ammo, oddball stuff when I glanced quick. Some waterfowl shot shells. I did pick up 20g Herter rifled slugs, $1 a pc, 10 per box. Limit 2. They had a case. Good thread.

Edited by Enigma
  • Like 1

Here's another lead for you guys in the Batavia area. Bontrager's has another auction coming up with a munch of lots of ammo. Prices on some (.22) rounds is already high and there are still 6 days left. Might be worth a look though if you're out that way and need something that they have.

https://bontragerauction.hibid.com/catalog/232929/online-fall-consignment-auction/

• Like 1

Talk of the Town in Ballston Spa is having their monthly auction next week as well with quite a bit of ammo. I will warn though, I saw 4000 rounds of CCI .22lr go for 17cents a round at our 4-H auction last week. . Crazy prices for ammo and guns.

https://www.auctionzip.com/Listings/3480769.html

Edited by Splitear

20 hours ago, RangerClay said:

I was in the Watertown Walmart two days ago.  Don't even bother.  A couple boxes of bird loads and that was it.

After the last shortage I stocked up on my favorite 30-30 ammo.  Glad I did now.

Walmart in Leray was the same last night. A few boxes of birdshot left but thats it

This is garbage. I took a few minutes and checked 7 or 8 online sites for rifle ammo. I have some, but not much. I have enough to get through this season but that's about it. I look for Hornady American Whitetail in .308 150gr.  Anyway the last site I checked was Natchez shooters and they were the only one to have it in stock. There were some restrictions on orders though so I sent over an email to clarify if they could ship to my home or if I would need to coordinate with an FFL.

Here is their response:

"We apologize for the inconvenience.  We are unable to ship ammo to anyone in
NYS at this time."

I pushed back and said what gives?

"We apologize, we are currently unable to ship ammunition into your state. Due to the many laws at the local, state, and even federal level we tend to err on the side of caution."

Sounds like a load of stinky bull poop to me..

Edited by Bolt action

On 10/23/2020 at 1:28 PM, UpStateRedNeck said:

IF anybody sees CCI 209M, Remington STS 209 or Federal 209A's primers please let me know!  Still kicking myself not ordering them last week when they were in stock at Cabelas.

Check at the gnh in greenville they had alot of muzzle loader stuff

On 10/23/2020 at 1:28 PM, UpStateRedNeck said:

IF anybody sees CCI 209M, Remington STS 209 or Federal 209A's primers please let me know!  Still kicking myself not ordering them last week when they were in stock at Cabelas.

Oxford hardware had federal 209 primers last friday.  I just don't know if they were 209A.  I think they are the federal premium 209 primers.

• Thanks 1