Had my nephews buck skull dipped.

mowin

I am def gonna do a dip if I get a buck that isnt big enough to mount yet not too bad a size.  I have thought about trying it myself but I really liked the winter camo one Grampy had done.  Also would like to know where you had it done if you can pass along the info.  Cause I also like the flag design.  Came out nice and sure he will love it 

Edited by Robhuntandfish

4 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Very cool....I gotta know what’s in that “holy shit” bottle to the right?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was wondering who was going to notice that.  If someone misses, that's there punishment.  Lol

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Arcade Hunter said:

I seriously consider having mine dipped but I didn't think it would pop on the wall I have planned for hanging it.  Mine is going to be just white....

Ill show pics when I get it back

This guy has a bunch of different patterns.  The snow camo is sharp also. 

16 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

I am def gonna do a dip if I get a buck that isnt big enough to mount yet not too bad a size.  I have thought about trying it myself but I really liked the winter camo one Grampy had done.  Also would like to know where you had it done if you can pass along the info.  Cause I also like the flag design.  Came out nice and sure he will love it 

20191214_125443.thumb.jpg.a52149e02b448e5c4d9cdf91a835b82f.jpg20191214_125431.thumb.jpg.32ae783e9df569bcd5c47d1c971087e7.jpg

This the 2nd one I've had done using this pattern. I like it because it still leaves alot of white. But adds a little bit to break it up.

• Like 2

I hydro dipped some skulls for the first time last year and I was very happy with the results.  It is very easy, fast, and satisfying to do.  The “hardest” part (most time consuming) is to clean the skull.  My only suggestions are to make sure the skull is COMPLETELY dry Before dipping or the paint will slip, and to practice on a skull you might have laying around.  If the dip didn’t work out the way you liked,  you can always re-dip.  My kids dipped their Crocs last year.  It’s very addicting and you will want to dip everything!  

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, dinorocks said:

I hydro dipped some skulls for the first time last year and I was very happy with the results.  It is very easy, fast, and satisfying to do.  The “hardest” part (most time consuming) is to clean the skull.  My only suggestions are to make sure the skull is COMPLETELY dry Before dipping or the paint will slip, and to practice on a skull you might have laying around.  If the dip didn’t work out the way you liked,  you can always re-dip.  My kids dipped their Crocs last year.  It’s very addicting and you will want to dip everything!  

Did you mix the paint setup yourself or go with the paint sheets? 

Dunno why I am asking this to you- hell you prob made the paint from fauna you gathered in the forest.  Lol.  

• Like 3

My hydro dip system was not that complicated...I filled a bucket with water then covered the surface with a few different colors of spray paint , gently swirled the paint (I didn’t use lead-based paint so the paint floated on the surface ;-), and slowly lowered the skull into the water through the paint.  Once the skull was completed submerged (and I wrapped the base of the antlers before dipping), I used my swizzle stick and swirled the surface of the water...like magic, the paint remaining on the surface of the water either stuck to the side of the bucket or collected on my stick.  Once the surface of the water was paint free, I removed the skull and shook dry...that’s it.  I’m sure there are many other ways to dip (depending on the effect one is looking for).  I don’t have a photos handy to post right now.

14 minutes ago, dinorocks said:

My hydro dip system was not that complicated...I filled a bucket with water then covered the surface with a few different colors of spray paint , gently swirled the paint (I didn’t use lead-based paint so the paint floated on the surface ;-), and slowly lowered the skull into the water through the paint.  Once the skull was completed submerged (and I wrapped the base of the antlers before dipping), I used my swizzle stick and swirled the surface of the water...like magic, the paint remaining on the surface of the water either stuck to the side of the bucket or collected on my stick.  Once the surface of the water was paint free, I removed the skull and shook dry...that’s it.  I’m sure there are many other ways to dip (depending on the effect one is looking for).  I don’t have a photos handy to post right now.

thats how i was going to do it too. Thanks - I watched some videos on how to do it and want to try it 

Edited by Robhuntandfish

24 minutes ago, Liquidonyx said:

Hey Mowin,

That looks awesome!

Thanks.  Out of likes for the day.  

You been out yet? Any luck?  

The property we turkey hunted on sold.  I can still hunt it, but owner has a few other he's letting hunt.  Hasn't been as good as past yrs.  Been hunting the property where I got my bird.

Edited by mowin