Freezer alarm

Arcade Hunter

I picked up this on Amazon... it was 24 bucks.  Seems to work well, I just need to re set the alarm limits for the chest freezer.  It went down to -18 over night and set off the alarm....

What are you folks using if anything?  I have wanted to have one of these for a while now... my buddy lost a lot of stuff recently when his freezer died.

Freezer alarm.jpg

• Like 3

Yup I need one too...my deer fridge is an old one that I am more concerned about the stuff (hanging quarters) in the fridge freezing . I need to keep it super low so it doesn’t freeze(hence the previous owner getting rid of it).
Do these freezer alarms work for that as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup I need one too...my deer fridge is an old one that I am more concerned about the stuff (hanging quarters) in the fridge freezing . I need to keep it super low so it doesn’t freeze(hence the previous owner getting rid of it).
Do these freezer alarms work for that as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You can set temps yes

#ThankYouForLessOverzealousModding #WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

I’m defrosting mine tomorrow, since my buddy got an Elk ,I’ll be putting some in there soon , to be followed by a decent buck I hope .

I should have an alarm as well , we’re not in it daily so it would make sense . The other day Mrs Nomad grabbed some ground , well it’s next to the drier ,and she had a stack of towels on top of the freezer  , one of which dropped a bit and she “ closed “ the door on it . Lucky it was discovered in time 

This is the one I bought.... It has two remote sensors, so I put one in the chest freezer and one in the fridge freezer.  The third display is the room temp.  The two remote sensor displays allow you to put a min value and a max value for each remote for the alarm.  The chest freezer I set up for -20 min, and +20 Max... I forget what I set the fridge freezer at.  If it goes out of range for 10 minutes, an audible sounds until you silence it.  I tested it  and it works.  I think it worth the 28 bucks for some piece of mind.

Each remote uses 2 AAA's and the base unit uses three of the same, all alkaline batteries.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07RR1XC3H/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Like 2

I have an Indoor - Outdoor remote thermometer in two chest freezers . Thermometers are by my computer so they are easy to check . I learned my lesson after my Sears 7 cu ft freezer crapped out after having it for 13 months . Lost my venison plus a lot of other food . It had a 12 month warranty . 

1 hour ago, Fletch said:

I need one that alerts my cell phone. I am not worried when I am home but when I am away. I have a wet sensor in the basement for water that alerts my phone.

Where'd you find the water sensor that alerts your phone? Great idea

• 2 weeks later...