This actually worked !!! Fooled a big buck !!

Homgister13

Me and a buddy was hunting yesterday evening, seen big buck walking  a ridge line going away from us so I played this and he did a 360 and ended up at the base of our tree... my buddy shot him in the spine and he dropped , scored 163 !! Just make sure you got the volume down at the beginning of the because it’s an AD lol but it definitely worked !!! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, mowin said:

Your link is the general regs.  If you can, post a direct link to the law. 

I believe they are right. This is copy/pasted from the DEC link.

Attractants

Baiting

It is illegal to hunt with the aid of bait, or over any baited area when hunting big game, upland game birds, turkey or waterfowl. It is illegal to place a salt block or mineral lick on lands inhabited by deer at any time of year. It is also illegal to feed deer. Some attractants that are marketed for deer are liquids or dissolving powders which deer may not directly consume, but the attractants may entice deer to feed on the material which absorbed the attractant. These types of products would not be legal.

Lures

You may use cover scents and lures for deer hunting. However, hunters should use synthetic products, as natural deer urine products could contain CWD prions. While bear hunting, you may use up to 1.5 fluid ounces of a liquid scent/lure.

Decoys

Decoys are legal to use for deer hunting in NY. You should exercise caution when transporting a deer decoy to and from the locations in the field. Some hunters wrap a strip of blaze orange material around the decoy when carrying it.

Electronic Calls

Electronic calls are legal to use for deer hunting and furbearer hunting in NY. You may not use an electronic call for turkeys, ducks, or geese.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Splitear said:

I believe they are right. This is copy/pasted from the DEC link.

Attractants

Baiting

It is illegal to hunt with the aid of bait, or over any baited area when hunting big game, upland game birds, turkey or waterfowl. It is illegal to place a salt block or mineral lick on lands inhabited by deer at any time of year. It is also illegal to feed deer. Some attractants that are marketed for deer are liquids or dissolving powders which deer may not directly consume, but the attractants may entice deer to feed on the material which absorbed the attractant. These types of products would not be legal.

Lures

You may use cover scents and lures for deer hunting. However, hunters should use synthetic products, as natural deer urine products could contain CWD prions. While bear hunting, you may use up to 1.5 fluid ounces of a liquid scent/lure.

Decoys

Decoys are legal to use for deer hunting in NY. You should exercise caution when transporting a deer decoy to and from the locations in the field. Some hunters wrap a strip of blaze orange material around the decoy when carrying it.

Electronic Calls

Electronic calls are legal to use for deer hunting and furbearer hunting in NY. You may not use an electronic call for turkeys, ducks, or geese.

Thanks for the info.  Learn something new every day.  Doubt I'll uses it, IMO just feels like cheating.  No disrespect to those who choose to. If it's legal, have at it.  

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Homgister13 said:

I’m trying to get it to load , says format error  ??? Any suggestions ? 

The file is too big. Take a screen shot and then upload that....

I always thought electronic calls for deer were illegal. Learn something new everyday. Glad you posted....

• Like 1

Exactly my thoughts. If it wasn’t for a few of the old timers on here I’d be gone as well. As it is I won’t post a harvest ever again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is a bummer. I'd post more in the harvest thread if I actually killed more deer. One would think with all the deer at the zoo my success rates would be higher. Hopefully the lull ends soon so I can score more delicious venison

#ThankYouForLessOverzealousModding #WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

That is a bummer. I'd post more in the harvest thread if I actually killed more deer. One would think with all the deer at the zoo my success rates would be higher. Hopefully the lull ends soon so I can score more delicious venison

#WeDemandADislikeButton

That’s the problem those that can’t/don’t tend to have the most to say.

Not to you personally, just in general.

• Like 1

That’s the problem those that can’t/don’t tend to have the most to say.

Not to you personally, just in general.

The political section definitely at least in my own personal opinion is detrimental to the overall viability of the forum. Especially the usual suspects that post mainly in there.

#WeDemandADislikeButton

This is interesting. I was always under the impression that e calls were a no no for deer. If someone had the resources, it seems like they could use this to push deer toward them, similar to a drive. Say you had devices set at 150 yds in 2 or 3 directions. You'd potentially be able to push deer toward you by using non natural noises. People talking, fireworks, etc...