Brushing in a blind .. lets see some pictures

Nytracker

8 minutes ago, Nytracker said:

I was thinking nobody brushes in their  blinds

A good bit of guys here seem too.  My new blind delivers tomorrow, and I am looking forward to it.  I have used blinds, but never brushed one in.  It seems obvious as to how to do this, but would still be nice to see how others do this.

16 minutes ago, Bionic said:

A good bit of guys here seem too.  My new blind delivers tomorrow, and I am looking forward to it.  I have used blinds, but never brushed one in.  It seems obvious as to how to do this, but would still be nice to see how others do this.

The Rhino blinds have loops on the top of them to help in knitting in branches.

Don't brush mine in.....I will take a few pics next time I am around them. I try tucking the in right off a travel rt. 2 have been up since turkey season and one I out up for the opener of shotgun a few weeks ago...this way if the weather craps the bed it gives me a place out of the elements.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

I have never brushed one in, because I only use them for turkeys, and turkeys could give a rat's ass if a blind is brushed in...In fact, I think a turkey would walk right up to a flourescent orange 1957 Caddilac, as long as it is not moving...

Deer, however, definitely notice a recently erected blind,  and  display their suspicion by stomping, snorting, and doing all of the other obnoxious ill bred things that they are capable of....

So, unless you have a couple of weeks  to erect the blind and let the deer get used to it, I would highly advise that you brush it in as well as possible, while still allowing for shooting lanes.....

In a side ditch on an island in the middle of a 5 acre hay field. I was out voted on where to place this blind by a 12yo and his 9yo yes man brother. Any deer that pops up will be inside 100yds and we almost have a 180 degree field of death so we shall see . . . 

20201023_152515_copy_600x450.jpg

20201023_152652_copy_600x450.jpg

20201023_152554_copy_600x449.jpg

• Like 4

FWIW, some of the things I try to do to . . . Bury that sucker. Then I get inside and cut out my shooting windows from there. If I have time, energy and materials I repeat this a second time lightly for max concealment. Those loops on the top of the blind are there for a reason. I put something in every one. Flippin zip ties are a blind builder's best friend.

I kinda like doing it. It's fun I think. Who doesn't like building a fort to hide in lol?

• Like 1