Rocky Lynx side zip boot ?

I've been using all sorts of pull on boots for scent control and staying dry for decades.

During my upland adventures last year, I got plain tired of pulling my calf muscles getting them off my feet, even with the boot pullers.

I also wear ankle supports with them too, as I got tired of limping home because of the lack of ankle support.

I ripped a pair of two year old irish setter boots right above the "heel grip" before a coyote hunt and that pissed me off.

I decided to look into some alternatives and found side zip boots.

Being I have many pairs of rocky boots, I looked into them first, but would like to know of anyone that has, have used or knows someone that uses another brand of zip on boots before buying them.

I also looked into the Chippewa searcher boots, but would rather have the lace option for better ankle support.

SJC

I wore Rocky side zip boots for many years prior to retiring from  the Fire Dept.  I found the ankle support to be very good , never had a zipper issue and mine came on and off several times a day . As for hunting idk but my experience with three pairs and many years , would lead me to believe they’d be ok for stand hunting , not sure I’d use them climbing up and down mountains though .

Thanks for the reply.

I'm looking at the 16" tall Lynx snake proof boots.

I'm not to concerned with waterproof claims, as I waterproof every pair of boots I have anyway.

I do however walk through hill and dale, so I would hope the laces would keep me from having to wear ankle support, like I do with my slip on boots.

I found a decent review from a woman on u tube and the ankle support looks pretty good.

I guess I'll have to order them and find out.

• 2 weeks later...

I received my new pair of Rocky Lynx boots and they are very nice + comfortable right out of the box.

Fit great and although they zip up, their just a little easier to take off than my slip on boots.

I thought they would be a lot easier to take off and I'll see over time if they do get easier.

They do however have great ankle support and are lightweight.

I'm going to do a little testing with them this weekend, but I think their keepers.

SJC

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Nov 26th update.

I've worn the Lynx boots while coyote & deer hunting, in all sorts of terrain and weather conditions.

So far they seem to be holding up well.

Lightweight and good ankle support.

Easier to remove than a pull on boot and warmer in the cold too.

SJC

• Like 1

• 1 month later...