A New Prime 60 Acre Hunting Property!

grampy

I just received permission to hunt a prime 60 acre bow only property, on the western edge of the Pine Bush! It's five minutes from my door, and loaded with deer! Only other person that hunts it, is an old friend of mine, who is a retired teacher, and fellow NYS Hunting Instructor. Steve is getting up there in age, and can't get back there much anymore. He called me a week or so and asked if I was interested. Took me all of two seconds to say YES! Knowing where it was, and the bucks I'd seen from the area driving through.20201021_175327.thumb.jpg.cd199c197a94aad6a6a7f670ef60f87d.jpg

He took me in tonight to just look around. I was pretty impressed. Plenty of deer sign. And some big buck sign as well! And didn't really even leave the trails.

It reminds me alot of moogs property in Mendon, terrain wise. I can only hope that it's half as good hunting wise. I also have permission to take anyone I want in with me. But to tell anyone trespassing to leave.

I'm not sure how I lucked into this, but I'm very grateful I did. I guess it pays to be nice to people? 

Going to give it a try sometime this weekend. There are a couple of stands up, but I'll find a spot on the ground. Will do a little sneakin and peekin to learn more of the lay of the land.

So exciting to hunt a new property. And gives me a challenge to see what I can pull out of there. Anyone who knows the Pine Bush, knows what I mean. 20201021_174623.thumb.jpg.1cdad492791567ea7721b51b3d9eba20.jpg20201021_180950.thumb.jpg.d692cd1336ebff385ff15278d318824b.jpg20201021_171446.thumb.jpg.0d86149177cc099beedb4c1c15f5f8ab.jpg

• Like 41

Grampy is it by chance off Williow rd there are some slammers in the pine bush . If you don't want to disclose location no worries trust me . Keep in mind that 4j is bow only no cross bow at all .

Edited by sbuff
  • Like 1

Thanks guys. To say I'm pumped is putting it mildly! Being a bow hunting only zone, the bucks get a chance to get some age in there. The  hardest part of hunting the Pine Bush is finding access. Finding 60 acres is totally unheard of!!! It's on the far western edge of the bush. Within the Guilderland town limits.

I've truly hit the jackpot with this property. And feel absolutely blessed to get this lucky! But.....my other properties are decent too. So now the "problem" I have is where to go, and when???  

4 minutes ago, grampy said:

Thanks guys. To say I'm pumped is putting it mildly! Being a bow hunting only zone, the bucks get a chance to get some age in there. The  hardest part of hunting the Pine Bush is finding access. Finding 60 acres is totally unheard of!!! It's on the far western edge of the bush. Within the Guilderland town limits.

I've truly hit the jackpot with this property. And feel absolutely blessed to get this lucky! But.....my other properties are decent too. So now the "problem" I have is where to go, and when???  

Congrats on a new property and that's a good problem to have.  Hope you can knock down a big one.  

Sounds like 3S/Westchester on steroids with the 60 acres. 100% agree on age thing in bow only spots

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1