Covid Quarantine hunt 2020

Well, I pushed my luck and got Covid, luckily with very mild symptoms(stuffy head and some taste loss), but I need to quarantine from my wife, who tested negative this morning.

Loaded some more ammo for the 20 practical and am squared away in every other aspect. 

So tomorrow, I head upstate (to me) to camp out in an isolated area and start my covid quarantine coyote hunting adventure.

Hopefully, I'll have some more video for all to enjoy when I return.

Edited by Shoots100
  • Like 8

Well, I pushed my luck and got Covid, luckily with very mild symptoms(stuffy head and some taste loss), but I need to quarantine from my wife, who tested negative this morning.
Loaded some more ammo for the 20 practical and am squared away in every other aspect. 
So tomorrow, I head upstate (to me) to camp out in an isolated area and start my covid quarantine coyote hunting adventure.
Hopefully, I'll have some more video for all to enjoy when I return.

How many people will sign on for some light symptoms for a 14 day quarantine starting Nov1?
I know there are risks for the compromised but this sounds like Shoots could be really popular among hunting friends. It’s like when the neighborhood kid got the chicken pox- we all had to go over and get them too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm still alive, but a couple of coyote didn't fare as well as me..

Covid sucks and while I was doing some hunting, I'm not 100%, have a persistent hacking cough and I fatigue easy.

Coughing isn't so good when hunting and after checking + doing needed maintenance on some deer stands, I was down for the count.

I mean sitting down in a chair, then waking a few hours later fatigue and coughing till red faced sometimes.

I get a couple of cough free hours after taking a mucinex, but only after Coughing my lungs first.

Once the coughing started again, my hunt was really over.

So while I'm lucky to have mild symptoms compared to others, Please try to stay Covid free.

Videos to follow.

Edited by Shoots100

This hunt started with me seeing a lot of deer around and no coyote all night.

Being I would get around four hours time cough free after taking a mucinex, I was at the three + hour cough free mark when I saw all the deer looking in one direction.

Low and behold, I saw it coming in and got set up for the shot.

Then it disappeared for five minutes, then the deer got nervous and ran over a rock wall.

I saw it trotting about 100 yards away, moved to a better position and whistled before taking a shot that hit it mid length.

I was going to take another shot, but it wasn't needed.

It was a decent sized male.

https://youtu.be/k4xqrd5WbsY

IMG_1263.JPG

• Like 6

All weekend, coyote packs were calling to each other from the tops of the mountains and I couldn't entice them off with my calling.

So after sleeping a couple of hours, I decided to take the fight to them and hike up a mountain at four pm, taking my sweet time, planning on getting to the top around six.

That would give me a couple of cough free hours.

I found a ridge that I glass during deer season, that offer's a 100 yard 360 view, deer all over the place.

Finally it got dark and the moon came out.

The deer bedded down around 60 yards away.

I started with a female long howl after hearing the pack sounding off in the distance.

When the wind died down, I hit the call again.

Scanning with the thermal, I noticed the deer were on alert( same as the earlier stand), looking to my right side.

I could then hear movement and saw a couple of coyote tearing ass in my direction.

I set the tripod up and reached for the rifle, but I inadvertently set one of the tripod legs through the rifle sling. 

I usually take the sling off when I get on stand.

Once I get it untangled and set the rifle on the tripod, the coyote are literally standing yards away, looking at me.

We were both in disbelief and I knew that wasn't going to last long.

I fired, as the second coyote to the left started to run away.

It ran downhill about 50 yards and crumpled.

Scanned around, but never got a glimpse of the second one.

It was Big female.

I edited the video to 37 seconds, as it might give viewers a seizure after me forgetting to stop recording while moving the rifle around searching for the other coyote.

https://youtu.be/NKCh0_sWqFE

IMG_1264.JPG

Edited by Shoots100
  • Like 4

On 10/22/2020 at 6:22 PM, Gencountyzeek said:

Hmmmm...so u pop positive for covid and get to go away and hunt for 2 weeks...damnit thats genius!!!

On 10/23/2020 at 7:04 AM, crappyice said:

How many people will sign on for some light symptoms for a 14 day quarantine starting Nov1?
I know there are risks for the compromised but this sounds like Shoots could be really popular among hunting friends. It’s like when the neighborhood kid got the chicken pox- we all had to go over and get them too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So......with the rut coming, a rutcation thanks to Covid19? Heck...2020 might not be so bad after all?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I got back to my house on the 26th, as I started to break out with a bad rash on my face and torso.

Doc said it's covid rash, Oh Joy.

Put me on steroids for a week and they really play with you, so I laid low and stayed away from firearms and the outside world.

Last night 11/3, I decided to go out to a pheasant preserve for a couple of hours, as they've been hearing coyote in the area and I was getting cabin fever dealing with the rash.

Saw plenty of deer, but not a peep or sighting of a coyote.

It was a beautiful night to be out anyway , with a 3/4 moon, mild temps and no wind to speak of.

Time to rest up and Maybe head upstate Friday AM to see what havoc I can cause, as the rash sucks whether I'm at home or upstate.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Shoots100 said:

I got back to my house on the 26th, as I started to break out with a bad rash on my face and torso.

Doc said it's covid rash, Oh Joy.

Put me on steroids for a week and they really play with you, so I laid low and stayed away from firearms and the outside world.

Last night 11/3, I decided to go out to a pheasant preserve for a couple of hours, as they've been hearing coyote in the area and I was getting cabin fever dealing with the rash.

Saw plenty of deer, but not a peep or sighting of a coyote.

It was a beautiful night to be out anyway , with a 3/4 moon, mild temps and no wind to speak of.

Time to rest up and Maybe head upstate Friday AM to see what havoc I can cause, as the rash sucks whether I'm at home or upstate.

Glad you’re out of the woods... and hopefully you can get back in ‘em soon