LI Firearm season

Karpteach

good luck to all, i will be out there Jan. 20th

Bucks are already shedding, my neighbor was out yesterday took what he thought was a doe, ended up being a shed buck aged 4.5 yrs dressed @128lbs

Aaah. That's what I hate about the late shotgun season. What a waste. As big a bowhunter as I am I would rather them close archery a week or two early and have the gun season then.

Aaah. That's what I hate about the late shotgun season. What a waste. As big a bowhunter as I am I would rather them close archery a week or two early and have the gun season then.

yeah, i wonder how many shed bucks get killed during this time...

Was out yesterday and didnt see a deer until after four then it started. I was hunting with 3 buddies and we were covering half the property. I passed up several doe as I have been holding off at least for a few days for a buck. One of the buddies shot two doe, the other shot a half of eight(?ouch) and then passed up a four pt. The last buddy passed on a six (both antlers) and also a mom and fawn. So it was a very successful afternoon. I am basically not sitting till after 3:30 as everything seems to be moving late. Funny thing I hunted a ground blind yesterday and the way it was set up on the side of a hill I didnt bother to open up the windows on that side and guess what "yes they came on that side" I heard something and opened the zipper about four inches to peak out to see a doe literally 7-8 ft from the blind looking me in the eye. They eventually made their way in front of me but chose to let em walk.

its a shame, wasn't intentional though 80yrd shot, he's already taken a 130" 6 a 120" 8 and a 150+" 13 this year, he was quite unhappy to see it's wasnt a doe

WOW that is some season... i would really love to see what a 130" 6 point looks like, that seem a little big if you ask me

WOW that is some season... i would really love to see what a 130" 6 point looks like, that seem a little big if you ask me

he had 14+" G2's looked more like a mule deer then a white tail aged at 5.5 so it was probably bigger last year

Virgil no not standby I hunt on private property through a friend(luckily). Sat today had all intentions of taking a doe and nothing came in for a shot but there is always tomorrow. Friend shot a small shed buck. Today my buddy was checking in a doe from yesterday at the ridge check station and an older chap was there with a huge non typical. Has anyone heard anything about it?