LI Firearm season

Karpteach

Congrats on the deer guys. I was out shed hunting on the island all day but came up empty. The guy i was with found a 4 point side so the day wasnt a total bust. I did come across a shed buck that had half his front leg blown off from a shotgun blast. Sucks to see a deer in that condition but it happens sometimes.

John

up untill now i have refrained from commenting or posting on this forum for the most part. but seeing the picture of that poor little button buck that was shot really has my ire up.i dont care who shot it or what his reason were for shooting it. theres no reason for it at all in my opinion.is someone that desperate to shoot something ! .that has to be the only reason for shooting something so small.let alone it being a button buck! what other reason could there be ! i'm sure this post will draw its share of grief.i dont care.

• Like 1

Actualy,At first I thought it was a decent size doe.Don't judge the picture.Live weight was at least 90 lbs.Long Island deer tend to be smaller than their upstate cousins.Over the years I've past up shots on small L.I. deer.He had the size just poor genetics I guess.That "poor little button buck" was a legally harvested animal.

• Like 1

up untill now i have refrained from commenting or posting on this forum for the most part. but seeing the picture of that poor little button buck that was shot really has my ire up.i dont care who shot it or what his reason were for shooting it. theres no reason for it at all in my opinion.is someone that desperate to shoot something ! .that has to be the only reason for shooting something so small.let alone it being a button buck! what other reason could there be ! i'm sure this post will draw its share of grief.i dont care.

I can relate to what you are saying, but at the same time Long Island is a confined place and the purpose of the LI hunt is also to reduce numbers, big and small.

Aaah. That's what I hate about the late shotgun season. What a waste. As big a bowhunter as I am I would rather them close archery a week or two early and have the gun season then.

Not quite sure if i am doing this correctly......trying to get info on LI 2011-2012 huntg....I have buck tag and DMP 1c tag.....looking to hunt 3rd monday... any suggests where bucks with horns can be seen? I know their falling off really don't want to shoot one, a shedr that is ....i'll just use doe tag....I hear they're repeating tags if checked in.....up state was tough this yr....