LI Firearm season

Karpteach

Thanks guys for the compliments. The story just got better. the buck started looking a little familiar to me today and then when I went to have it butchered it all came to light. I watched the guy butcher the deer. He says to me oh look theres a broad head in it. The broadhead was imbedded in the meat on the outside of the left shoulder on angle downwards. Then we found where it entered behind the right shoulder. we took out the broad head the he found about 5-6 inches of shaft not connected to the broadhead between the shoulders. Now I realize why this deer looked familiar to me. It was my magnum slick trick and a piece of my arrow. I actually arrowed this buck Nov 2 of last season about 400yds from where I shot him yesterday. I watched my arrow tuck in behind his right shoulder and I assumed stuck in his left shoulder because I didnt get a pass through. Two drops of blood and 100yds later no deer. Looked the rest of the season for him to no avail. I am 95 % sure this is the deer from last year. He wanted to be a ten this year but I think with last years injury from my arrow it never happened.Last year he was a bit wider and longer tines but just an eight. I had him on a trail cam and I will see if I could find the pics I printed. The arrow shaft was literally placed perfect if you looked at its entry and exit. It was literally about 8 inches below the spine on the right side and exited the left shoulder but never penetrated the skin to completely exit. By the looks of it I hit the VOID everyone talks about and didnt touch any vitals at all. These animals are made to live. Although there is no real way for me to verify that it was indeed my arrow(same head and shaft as mine) and the deer I arrowed last year, I truly believe it was even though it took me over a year to finally get the buck. Great end to a rough season. Thanks for reading and until next year everyone be well. Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys for the compliments. The story just got better. the buck started looking a little familiar to me today and then when I went to have it butchered it all came to light. I watched the guy butcher the deer. He says to me oh look theres a broad head in it. The broadhead was imbedded in the meat on the outside of the left shoulder on angle downwards. Then we found where it entered behind the right shoulder. we took out the broad head the he found about 5-6 inches of shaft not connected to the broadhead between the shoulders. Now I realize why this deer looked familiar to me. It was my magnum slick trick and a piece of my arrow. I actually arrowed this buck Nov 2 of last season about 400yds from where I shot him yesterday. I watched my arrow tuck in behind his right shoulder and I assumed stuck in his left shoulder because I didnt get a pass through. Two drops of blood and 100yds later no deer. Looked the rest of the season for him to no avail. I am 95 % sure this is the deer from last year. He wanted to be a ten this year but I think with last years injury from my arrow it never happened.Last year he was a bit wider and longer tines but just an eight. I had him on a trail cam and I will see if I could find the pics I printed. The arrow shaft was literally placed perfect if you looked at its entry and exit. It was literally about 8 inches below the spine on the right side and exited the left shoulder but never penetrated the skin to completely exit. By the looks of it I hit the VOID everyone talks about and didnt touch any vitals at all. These animals are made to live. Although there is no real way for me to verify that it was indeed my arrow(same head and shaft as mine) and the deer I arrowed last year, I truly believe it was even though it took me over a year to finally get the buck. Great end to a rough season. Thanks for reading and until next year everyone be well. Mike

Beeman camohunter shaft?