My out-of-state neighbors are worried

First-light

Correct nobody will stop them .

I know many who’ve flown in and out of NY to no travel states , and next to none , quarantined , many left the forms incomplete, put wrong info or skipped them altogether. 

Neighbor just came back from FLA.  National Guard at airport stops him , he says he’s an essential worker doing Gov work, shows them a stack of papers from an old job , ,they have no idea what these are and tell him to, just “ get the Hell out of here “..... Another friend came up from fla. she thought the health care folks handing out forms were sales people , and said no thanks and walked passed .

Edited by Nomad
  • Like 6

15 minutes ago, steve863 said:

Who will be stopping them at the NYS border??  No one.

Nobody will be stopping them. I believe they are worried about the self quarantine. Pretty much the whole group will shoot deer. They transport it back to Maryland with NY tags. Proof right there for anyone to see. 

My sister in law flew up here from Georgia back in August and did not quarantine. My in laws have flown back and forth from Myrtle Beach a couple of times and have not quarantined. In fact, I'm picking them up at the airport this afternoon. I'm not saying it is the right thing to do but there is no way for the state to keep track of anyone.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, First-light said:

Nobody will be stopping them. I believe they are worried about the self quarantine. Pretty much the whole group will shoot deer. They transport it back to Maryland with NY tags. Proof right there for anyone to see. 

So if they are staying at their own cabin and hunt on their own property, what issue could anyone have with that?  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, First-light said:

I agree with you Steve. They are worried about having to quarantine. 

Don't understand why they are worried?  They are worried for nothing in my opinion.  They ARE quarantining in their own cabin and no one says they can't go out back into their woods to hunt.  Quarantine doesn't mean that they have to stay in an isolation ward somewhere with the national guard standing outside their door insuring that they don't step outside.

1 hour ago, First-light said:

They were in NY for 14 days prior to traveling back. Or maybe they spent 7 in CT and 7 in NY?

5 hours ago, steve863 said:

Don't understand why they are worried?  They are worried for nothing in my opinion.  They ARE quarantining in their own cabin and no one says they can't go out back into their woods to hunt.  Quarantine doesn't mean that they have to stay in an isolation ward somewhere with the national guard standing outside their door insuring that they don't step outside.

Yes what he said.  But please don't go to every store and bar in town.  Come supplied and stay put.

• Like 2

King Andy admitted the other day that the time based 14 quarantine was probably not the best way to do it. They are taking a new look at it. I see them moving to a test based system, perhaps asking people to quarantine until their Covid test comes back negative. This would be far less arbitrary and actually based on science.

Technically, the current rules require you to stay put (basically under house arrest) and you would be in violation to slip out the door to hunt the back forty. Highly unlikely you're gonna get busted though.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bigfoot 327 said:

King Andy admitted the other day that the time based 14 quarantine was probably not the best way to do it. They are taking a new look at it. I see them moving to a test based system, perhaps asking people to quarantine until their Covid test comes back negative. This would be far less arbitrary and actually based on science..

That's how it works for doctors. My brother vacationed in California and more recently Las Vegas. Once he gets the "negative" he can go right back to work without quarantine.

19 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

actually I think the quarantine is 14 before the go into the populace of NY. I don't believe going back to where they came from would be an issue. 

From what I read on the Gov website if you come from a travel restricted state you have to quarantine after you get to NY.  

9 hours ago, First-light said:

Nobody will know how long they were in NY prior to going back home, there’s no sign in sheet when you drive here...so even if stopped with NY tagged deer going home, there is no way for anyone to know that they didn’t in fact follow the 14 day quarantine rule.

• Like 2