venison tenders

2012_taco

This should be posted in the recipe thread but, I was wondering what you guys/gals do with your venison tenders? Not the back straps, the 2 small tenders that run under the spine. For years i would just give them to my brother as he always raved about how good they are ( i personally like the back straps better) but when I recently helped him move I found several of them still in his freezer from years ago! Needless to say, he isn't getting anymore from me!

So what do you all do with them? I was thinking of a quick marinade with Montreal seasoning and them wrap in bacon and cook in the oven? But i'm open to suggestions.

I will reserve my opinion as I do not want to be crucified!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You turn them into two strips of jerky right? That's what I'd do! Tender jerky

#ThankYouForLessOverzealousModding #WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

Remember this is the finest cut of meat on a deer.  It is the filet mignon cut if you want to get technical.  In our house we call them "Innies" for inside loin.  Last weekend I cooked a pair up for a friend.  Wrapped them in maple bacon and grilled until about 120 in the middle.  That was some fine eating.  I personally like them sliced about 3/8" and lightly fried in butter.  Oooo so good!

• Like 4

Mine usually are as well.  Soak them in some ice water and they come clean.
Damn now I gotta find some ice. Had to take my ice maker out of my freezer so I'd have more room for food

#ThankYouForLessOverzealousModding #WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

My favorite meal of the year !

Grilled , along with salt potatoes, and grilled asparagus, Mrs will cook up some mushrooms as well  . I might soak them in Italian dressing for a bit , but salt and pepper alone is fine too .

• Like 1

If they are super bloody, soak in salted water for a couple hours.  Marinate for 1 hour in 1/3 soy sauce, 1/3 Worcester, 1/3 olive oil, add Hot pepper sauce if you want to.   Take out dry with paper towels, salt, pepper, cast iron pan seared and up to 125 And NO MORE.   Slice on the diagonal and enjoy! 

Anybody who would marinate deer tenderloins should be shot, which is much less cruel than crucifitcion...

ALWAYS let them rest for a few days, cooking them super fresh will always  result in tough meat..

I like to slice them about 1/2" thick and sautee them in hot butter for about a minute on each side until medium rare...

Exposing them to strong marinades  or overcooking them is a crime against nature..

Other than that, I have no opinions on the subject...

• Like 3

When I first started hunting I would help out butchering deer at my uncle's house. I say help out because it took me a long time to finally shoot one of my own but anyway my aunt would always cook up tenderloins in a pan with butter, salt and pepper, make some mashed potatoes and garlic bread. Man was it good! I still cook them like that most of the time now 25 years later.

• Like 2