High End Hunting Clothes

nybuckboy

2 hours ago, Jeremy K said:

The higherend brands will allow you to exchange stuff via the mail on their dime until you get the right size . My shipments always came with a shipping label to send stuff back if it didnt fit right ,kind of a pain but not a horrible option. 

Thanks , I’ve read a ton of reviews with , “how it fits “ but they’re all over the map based on the size and weight of guys , and they all say it fits perfect . Lol 

I’ve considered not hunting much anymore ,as I’m done with the cold .

13 hours ago, Nomad said:

Are any of theses brands sold in stores ? I’m always between sizes ,  my chest is way larger then my waist ,and I have short legs I need to try stuff on ! I know Sitka is at F/S . Interested in Firstlite but open to others . 

Check out Pnuma. Their site gives actual measurements for their article. Great stuff....especially the heated vests. 

Check out Pnuma. Their site gives actual measurements for their article. Great stuff....especially the heated vests. 
Oooo they sell a heated vest? Now you're talking!

#ThankYouForLessOverzealousModding #WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, The Jerkman said:

Oooo they sell a heated vest? Now you're talking!

#ThankYouForLessOverzealousModding #WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

and pants and handwarmer now too

https://pnumaoutdoors.com/collections/heated-core?adw=PPC_Google_g_614605903_107237200209&gclid=CjwKCAjw8-78BRA0EiwAFUw8LE6VOYA1S0R26oDacE14zod9-l_-iFFXXa0yqUGkJONfj1UnOxZ7xBoCskEQAvD_BwE

7 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

Ya know I tried to search here and find that ..... I just ordered a Ororo heated vest . Three guys I know got them and love them , I recalled your post from last year but not the brand . That looks good if mine craps the bed , I’ll get that one .

1 minute ago, Nomad said:

Ya know I tried to search here and find that ..... I just ordered a Ororo heated vest . Three guys I know got them and love them , I recalled your post from last year but not the brand . That looks good if mine craps the bed , I’ll get that one .

5 guys in the branch bought the Pnuma's and love them. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nomad said:

Thanks , I’ve read a ton of reviews with , “how it fits “ but they’re all over the map based on the size and weight of guys , and they all say it fits perfect . Lol 

I’ve considered not hunting much anymore ,as I’m done with the cold .

You are welcome to try on my sitka and first lite stuff Larry.  Should fit like a glove.  Well at least the gloves should fit like a glove.

Seriously Sitka's apparel is athletic cut.  I would bet it would be a good fit for you.  Worst case scenario, return it.  It is warm and comfy.  Or stop hunting.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

5 guys in the branch bought the Pnuma's and love them. 

May be one in my daughters future, she’s ALWAYS cold ! Under amour , black Carhartt bibs, 97 layers and cold .....

Just now, moog5050 said:

You are welcome to try on my sitka and first lite stuff Larry.  Should fit like a glove.  Well at least the gloves should fit like a glove.

Seriously Sitka's apparel is athletic cut.  I would bet it would be a good fit for you.  Worst case scenario, return it.  It is warm and comfy.  Or stop hunting.

I’ve actually considered stopping hunting the last few years , or just go on a nice day and shoot whatever walks by first .

Sitka even with a 40 percent discount is hard for me to get over at this point .

Christmas is coming up I’ll send you my size .

I think gear is important. It's not important because it does anything to help you really kill anything, but it does a whole lot to keep you hunting. Most of us have stopped growing and if you start doing the math, you'll get years out of any good outer layer. So $400 / 10 years or so makes the price tag not hurt so much and it may just enough to keep you in the stand for the extra hour that helps punch a tag.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

I'm just here for the fred bear comments

I got to meet Fred Bear once, he was a nice guy. As for any tips he may have said or written about that  had anything to do with hunting I would take them seriously and consider them when they applied to the kind of hunting I did and still do. Real experience always matters to me especially so when it comes to those with a lifetime of hunting experiences like old Fred had. I paid attention to not only him but many of the other old masters of hunting for information that helped me be pretty successful in the outdoors, not so much to internet know it alls that want to be at the head of the class.

Al

Edited by airedale

11 minutes ago, airedale said:

I got to meet Fred Bear once, he was a nice guy. As for any tips he may have said or written about that  had anything to do with hunting I would take them seriously and consider them when they applied to the kind of hunting I did and still do. Real experience always matters to me especially so when it comes to those with a lifetime of hunting experiences like old Fred had. I paid attention to not only him but many of the other old masters of hunting for information that helped me be pretty successful in the outdoors, not so much to internet know it alls that want to be at the head of the class.

Al

I'm referring to the guys who always chime in that fred bear didnt use X or Y . I'm always amazed at that kind of mind set ,no kidding he didnt use what wasnt available at the time LOL.

5 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

I'm referring to the guys who always chime in that fred bear didnt use X or Y . I'm always amazed at that kind of mind set ,no kidding he didnt use what wasnt available at the time LOL.

exactly. for what it's worth you can kill deer a lot of different ways with minimal investment. But ignoring some of the advancements in technology that greatly improve your odds and experience is silly if your wallet allows it.

I applaud guys like dinorocks as that's some really cool style of hunting and also appreciate that he doesn't look down or talk shit about the rest of us with all the latest gadgets. run what ya brung.

• Like 1

My uncle
Wears jeans and a plaid shirt and Smokes in his stand and kills a slammer every year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

When you quit, can I take your spot? I would like to shoot a 10pt!

I’m going to shoot my Tenpoint crossbow right now !

I’ll talk to the landowner ,on your behalf, if he says no, you can hunt our land across the road, nobody hunts that . The suns now out and my mood picked up considerably, so it may be another 10-15 years ,start sending me gifts each season ,that’ll keep you at or near the top of the list .

• Like 1

Which best did you buy? The fleece one looks great for under a outer layer.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, mlammerhirt said:

Which best did you buy? The fleece one looks great for under a outer layer.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

This one , no experience with them, but I know three guys who love theirs , one had his at Letchworth the other day . On their web site, you can get 20% off and free shipping , I couldn’t get it into my “ cart “ and ship time is way longer it seems .

8E6AF009-141B-4B93-94DB-D8811D45C93C.png

• Like 1