2nd full moon in October the Hunters moon

First-light

Right on time for the week of the 2nd. 

Words from a legend.....

We've observed that the second full moon after the autumnal equinox stimulates both buck and doe rutting activity. ... The rutting moon was November 1st, and where the air temperature was less than 45 degrees Fahrenheit during the day, chasing was reported to be intense by everyone collecting data.We've observed that the second full moon after the autumnal equinox stimulates both buck and doe rutting activity. ... The rutting moon was November 1st, and where the air temperature was less than 45 degrees Fahrenheit during the day, chasing was reported to be intense by everyone collecting data.

• Like 1

Funny thing is I was just going to post . I was looking out my front window  acrossed the pasture and watched a decent 6 pt mount and bread a doe . She stood for it . They chased a bit after and she stood and he mounted again. There was 2 other bucks standing off in the corner about 75 yards away . 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Hope you’re right. Last year November 2 was electric across the entire state of NY.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I specifically took that day off this year because of that and due to issues I work I will be there again instead. Grrrrr.  But I am off imediatetly after that a bunch.

It was a killer at work that day . Glad everyone was dropping them but sitting in the office was not cool.

• Like 2

I saw this video last night and found it interesting so thought I'd share here since there is talk about moon phases. Skip to 3:07 for specifics on Moon phases but some good information over all.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I saw this video last night and found it interesting so thought I'd share here since there is talk about moon phases. Skip to 3:07 for specifics on Moon phases but some good information over all.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Good video especially for new hunters(and experienced hunters who start to doubt what they know since deer haven’t been around!).
In relations to the moon discussion here and within the video he ultimately says the peak breeding has zero to do with moon cycles and more to do with “survival of the fittest”. When the full moon happens to fall around November 1-10 then it “causes”more activity! Deer need to be born during optimal spring vegetation growth and after last snow. Go 200 days back from when that is on your area and you have the peak breading days...go 2 weeks back from then and you are in pre-bang chase stage ....HUNT!
And that’s just about where we are!!!!! What a beautiful time of the year to be in deer woods!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 4

Good video especially for new hunters(and experienced hunters who start to doubt what they know since deer haven’t been around!).
In relations to the moon discussion here and within the video he ultimately says the peak breeding has zero to do with moon cycles and more to do with “survival of the fittest”. When the full moon happens to fall around November 1-10 then it “causes”more activity! Deer need to be born during optimal spring vegetation growth and after last snow. Go 200 days back from when that is on your area and you have the peak breading days...go 2 weeks back from then and you are in pre-bang chase stage ....HUNT!
And that’s just about where we are!!!!! What a beautiful time of the year to be in deer woods!

Photoperiodism runs just about everything

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Photoperiodism runs just about everything

and Biz Piss. I once peed in a scrape in May and 2 days later a big buck showed up with a swollen neck rutting.

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

Ask Moog, Lawd, and a few others.

Now now...you know we are talking about shooting the deer after the full moon...not recovering after the full moon.
This comment is not at all meant to diminish the success of those fine gentlemen - beautiful deer by fantastic hunters.
My only point is the amount of deer seen/taken TODAY was almost nonexistent.
Wednesday/Thursday is gonna be BATTY!!!!

• Like 1

I always see guys saying they hate the full moon, but me I love it! Yesterday morning I saw 3 and last night starting at 4pm they just kept coming out and didn't stop. It was crazy and fun. Although it was slow for seeing bucks, only one yesterday, usually on full moons I see 3 or 4 in the morning, but not complaining.