Heads up trading in a vehicle

Jeremy K

I traded in a explorer when i got my new truck a few months ago . So far I've gotten 2 unpaid parking ticket notices in the mail for places in NYC . I figured out that the place I traded in the vehicle to never removed my registration sticker before taking it to the auction house ,now some piece of shit is parking illegally in nyc and the tickets come to me. The meter maids dont check to see if the plates are legit ,they just scan the registration sticker on the windshield. 

I traded in a explorer when i got my new truck a few months ago . So far I've gotten 2 unpaid parking ticket notices in the mail for places in NYC . I figured out that the place I traded in the vehicle to never removed my registration sticker before taking it to the auction house ,now some piece of shit is parking illegally in nyc and the tickets come to me. The meter maids dont check to see if the plates are legit ,they just scan the registration sticker on the windshield. 
Nuts! As long as you have the transfer paperwork you should be square on your end. Just a hassle. Hopefully they impound the vehicle once you bring it to their attention and the scumbag goes to jail. Assuming they never did register it and are using fake tags

#ThankYouForLessOverzealousModding #WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

21 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

Nuts! As long as you have the transfer paperwork you should be square on your end. Just a hassle. Hopefully they impound the vehicle once you bring it to their attention and the scumbag goes to jail. Assuming they never did register it and are using fake tags

#WeDemandADislikeButton

If I get one more im just getting a lawyer to deal with it and I'm going after the dealership to pay for it. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ny hunter said:

The Reg sticker always comes off the car by me.... I trust no one for that exact reason.... Not even family.... If the plates come off so does the sticker 

same. whether i trade it in or sell a vehicle private i take everything with me

If I get one more im just getting a lawyer to deal with it and I'm going after the dealership to pay for it. 
You won't be held liable anyways as long as you still hold the transfer paperwork saying you sold it. It's on the new owner.

#WeDemandADislikeButton

Just now, The Jerkman said:

You won't be held liable anyways as long as you still hold the transfer paperwork saying you sold it. It's on the new owner.

#WeDemandADislikeButton

I have to write a letter explaining what happened and send proof that I traded it in everytime I get a ticket in the mail.

I have to write a letter explaining what happened and send proof that I traded it in everytime I get a ticket in the mail.
What a pain in the ass! That's bullshit. Definitely consult@moog5050 for a nominal fee he may be able to assist. He's fantastic!

#WeDemandADislikeButton

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

Perfect ,do you take checks?

sure - cashiers checks are fine.   Or a brown bag with cash - whatever works for you buddy.

BTW - I admire your willingness to put your money where your mouth is.  Enough of this injustice!

Edited by moog5050
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Sounds like a class action.   $50,000 retainer should get us started!

43 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

Perfect ,do you take checks?

$25K up front. The balance $25K only if you win. Jeremy will also pay you 10% of any settlement over $1M paid to him.