NYSDEC has acquired 525 acres in Erie County for the Clear Lake Wildlife Management Area

CarlosB

It's a nice spot .....they released pheasants already this year and the fishing is supposed to be real good.
This gives me a nice place to small game hunt with my boys and take the pressure off stomping around one of our leases once Oct. 1 hits.
Pic is of the newly reconstruct dam.594c26b34499b33776aeb1666c2d20f4.jpg

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

It's says No Swimming.....so I guess you just gotta sink and hope for the best!

I think the dam was recently rebuilt because it was in horrible shape. Apparently this resivour was used way back in the day to supply water to the Gowanda Psychiatric Center and then the Gowanda correctional facility.

I stopped there last weekend and took a look around. It's a nice place, I can't believe I never knew it was there. A friend took his dog there last Saturday as well and shot two pheasants. I think the place will be overrun with hunters once it becomes well known. The lake looks beautiful, I'm looking forward to taking the kayak and doing some fishing next summer.

• Like 1

I stopped there last weekend and took a look around. It's a nice place, I can't believe I never knew it was there. A friend took his dog there last Saturday as well and shot two pheasants. I think the place will be overrun with hunters once it becomes well known. The lake looks beautiful, I'm looking forward to taking the kayak and doing some fishing next summer.

I spoke with a local guy I know and apparently that land was already hunted pretty heavy by bordering properties before it became legal. I guess the Dec did patrol it......but if a local can sneak in and out there is nothing the Dec could do.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Late to the party but this property is a couple hundred yards as the crow flys from my property. It got hammered this season with deer and duck hunters (which sucks) but it's a nice place to take a walk with the kids or family and kayak too. It also got hammered with early ice fisherman which really sucks. I saw some numbers on the ice that I personally think is absurd for a small body of water but understand is still legal. 

Only diffenrce now it's legal....that piece of property has been hammered for years.
Any local with direct access to escape routes was drooling this past opening day of gun season once all the orange army started marching around.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk