rain gear

loworange88

Hey everyone, I'm in the market for a rain jacket/pants combo.  I would prefer the type that I can put on over my normal hunting clothes.  I currently have a scentlok jacket that though keeps you dry underneath....the outside soaks up the rain like a sponge vs. wicking it away, making it heavy.  I was looking at the Frogg Toggs set that all the major big stores carry.  Any other suggestions out there?

I have a got-Tex jacket and pants for stand hunting. Very expensive but it’s the best I’ve found.

For tracking/still hunting I carry a frogtogg poncho I keep rolled up in my pack for hard rains. It works and is waterproof but doesn’t breath and is very loud! I also have a set in the saddle bag of the bike and they work well for that too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have an older robinson outdoors "whitewater", which i think is now scentblocker parka/bib combo for cold weather that also repelss rain and wind. As buckmaster mentioned, anything goretex is good for both of these and look for brand buzz/marketing words about windblocking tech as I've seen that almost always means some sheating vs soaking.

For mid/early season I run an under armour combo which basically employees the same tech. I think UA refers to it as storm and storm2 tech. storm2 is the one you want and is available in cold gear too. 

I think almost any brand these days is going to have some good camo that doubles as good rain gear and I'd suggest spending more on a do it all set then having 2 separate sets as demonstrated by unforcasted rain this last weekend... that way you're ready no matter what.

Edited by Belo