Looking in all the wrong places

CarlosB

1 hour ago, blackbeltbill said:

Give them some Birdseed and unsalted dry Roasted Peanuts.

I have a Family Flock and 5 Young Gobblers that visit Twice each day. They get fed well.  8 years now, I have been giving back.

No Hunting down past my Dead-end Road and, I would never hunt the Birds back there anyway.

I am hesitant to harvest any urban wildlife, specially those in the City of Schenectady. On top of being against city code, any hunting by any means. And it's just nice to watch without any intentions for me and the neighbors. 

We also have deer come from the nearby tracks.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, CarlosB said:

I am hesitant to harvest any urban wildlife, specially those in the City of Schenectady. On top of being against city code, any hunting by any means. And it's just nice to watch without any intentions for me and the neighbors. 

We also have deer come from the nearby tracks.

So using your truck to accidentally hit one wouldn’t be considered hunting .

10 hours ago, blackbeltbill said:

Same here. I am currently feeding a good 12 Wild Turkeys. No Hunting allowed down here.

I have also Mowed and Widened 3 Trails in the Woods.  I made a 25+ foot Circular area that, I also Mow. This area is at the intersection of all 3 Trails and is now like a well Groomed Front Lawn.

All the Neighbors are happy with me as plenty of people walk+ Bike the Trails into Town and access to the Heritage Trail.

There is actually a Sewer line with about 5 or so manholes under the Trails.  A Boss with the Water Dept recently thanked me for Mowing the Trails every 3 Weeks as they need to stay open.  About a Month ago- they had to Flush the Lines and found the green painted Manholes easily.

Been Mowing the Trails for 8 years now. Takes about 30 minutes is all every 3 Weeks. 

Plenty More Deer + Turkey now then 10 years back when it was overgrown.

Just got done feeding the Turkeys about 10 minutes ago. A huge Rainstorm is coming to Orange County today. They probably won't be back later this Afternoon.     They ate Heavily this morning.

My brother's neighborhood in cornwall on the hudson has deer running through it at night constantly. While walking at night down his street you could literally get run over by a pack of deer if you don't pay attention.

• Like 1