Tactacam question..

mowin

For those with I phones. When getting a notification you have a picture, does your phone make a noise? 

Buddy of mine has his cam on a coyote bait near his house, but his phone doesn't make a noise so it doesn't wake him up.  My android does make a noise when a pic is uploaded to my phone. 

He called CS, and was told these cams don't have that feature, but they clearly do for android. 

24 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Yes mine makes a noise and vibrates with my iPhone.   At least I think it does.  I also run brownings So maybe I am confused.   I will try to confirm.   I would  have to believe it’s a phone setting whether your notification will sound.  

That's what I was thinking. Unless it's a I phone only issue. 

4 hours ago, mowin said:

Thanks moog.  I'll show him this. 

I take it back.   Mine doesn’t sound either.  Just the brownings do.  I leave my ringer off a lot during the season so I never paid close attention.   But checking today, the notifications were silent. 

6 minutes ago, grampy said:

I get no sound notification from my android phone, when my Tactacam Reveal cams send a picture to my phone.

I have to open the app to see the pictures, no sound then either.

That's odd, I've tested both my tactacam's. Phone dings within 30 seconds. Not sure if makes a difference, but I got mine about a month ago, so possible the newer units have that capability.

Edited by mowin

3 minutes ago, mowin said:

That's odd, I've tested both my tactacam's. Phone dings within 30 seconds. Not sure if makes a difference, but I got mine about a month ago, so possible the newer units have that capability.

Perhaps so? I'm far from being knowledgeable about such things! 

I'm just happy when I see a new picture on my phone!! And shake my head in wonder, at all this new fangled techno crap!

• Like 1

I’m not familiar with Tactacam, I use Spartans. Can you enter an email for it to be sent to? I have mine set up so I don’t get alerts from my Spartan because I also have several others from friends that I get as well. But for my own cameras only I set up a Gmail account that pics get sent to. Then I get an alert on my iPhone with a Gmail notification. It will ding and vibrate.  Figured that maybe this would be an option for you if you can get the alerts for Tactacam. 

3 hours ago, NonTypical said:

I’m not familiar with Tactacam, I use Spartans. Can you enter an email for it to be sent to? I have mine set up so I don’t get alerts from my Spartan because I also have several others from friends that I get as well. But for my own cameras only I set up a Gmail account that pics get sent to. Then I get an alert on my iPhone with a Gmail notification. It will ding and vibrate.  Figured that maybe this would be an option for you if you can get the alerts for Tactacam. 

Both my stealth cam and tactacam's send a notification to my phone, from their respective apps but not through my email, although the app's are linked to my Gmail account.