cleaning solvent

I've been using CLP breakfree for a years ,but lately the cans have been dudes and i had to punch holes in them to get the solvent out.I'm thinking of going back to hoppe's ,but wanted to hear what else is out there? I definitely want to get away from the aerosol cans.

any recommendations 

I am a long time hoppes fan, but also use shooters choice..usually for heavily fouled barrels. I dont like aerosols. That said on occaision i have also used Birchwood Casey spray gun scrubber (I think the name is) for guns I dont want to take down (despite it being spray). Spray liberally, then usually hit it with the compressed air with a squirt of Rem Oil. 

• Thanks 1

On 10/30/2020 at 9:50 AM, eaglemountainman said:

Have used Hoppes my whole life. Lately, been trying Shooter's Choice MC-7. Been shooting a lot of TTSXs in all calibers. Might have to look for a better copper solvent soon.

I have been shooting Barnes bullets in all of my hunting rifles ( except my M-1) for about 20 years now...

I have had good luck with Sweet's  7.62.... It is aggressive, but gets the copper out  with a lot less work than some of the milder solvents....I have seen no bore damage, but I make sure I get all of it out of the bore after cleaning, and coat with Rem oil or something similar..

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

G96 for general cleaning, "Sharp Shoot R Wipe-Out" for removing copper fouling. Keep the Wipe-Out away from the wood finish though. Clean all oil from the bore before applying the Wipe-Out.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1014881554

Q9dQIqj.jpg

Edited by wildcat junkie