Anyone counting down the days till May 1st ?

HopkintonHunter

I itching to get out there. Waiting till end feb march to start some food plot work expanding existing plots.

May 1 cannot come soon enough. Maybe i can convince one of my nephews to go out for the youth season. I have yet to call a gobbler into gun range and never took a turkey in my life. Would love to call one in for one of my nephews but we shall see.

Can't wait. Anybody here ever hunted them in PA? Don't they allow rifles there?

I believe rifles are only legal to use during the fall season in PA.

I'm looking forward to taking my nephew out for the Youth Hunt and then going from there. As usual I plan on hunting with my good friend Big Tom.

I cannot wait either, already put a camo wrap on my 870 20 gauge and have some sights coming this week for it, then adding a sling and ill be ready, gonna put the shotgun in my girlfriends hands for her first year of hunting and see if i can call her in one. even though its my first year of hunting also i got a hen in the fall but id much rather see her get one and get into it like i am. 30 years old never hunted till this year no idea why i fell in love with it my first time out.

isn't it illegal to have food plots for anything in ny? just happen to see a post above about it.

Stubbz, it's going to be my girlfriend's first time also. I'm going to focus on trying to get her a bird this spring, instead of hunting for myself. I think I'm more excited than when I'm shooting.

yeah im same way she's not super into hunting at all right now but im gettin to her haha, i think if i can call one in and get her a nice bird she'll fall in love with it and want to do it much more just as i did.

What shell, choke tube are you using in that Rem 870, 20 ga.? How effective is it? I'm going out with the 20 ga. this May. Thanks in advance for reply. Food plots are legal in N.Y.. Their are tons of debate on here about them.

right now im using just a full choke, i tagged my hen at about 25-30 yards and put it down easy with the full choke, i think i may switch to an x-full for myself as i may stretch out a bit farther for my next one but for my fiance im going to leave the full in and hopefully get her closer to one as she's not that great of a shot with a gun anyhow. i'll be taking my bow out when she has the 870 so if she gets one i can start to work on getting one with a bow myself, i'm more for hunting with a bow for the challenge than i ever will be with a gun. first time out i may just leave the bow home and see if she can get one first.

I believe rifles are only legal to use during the fall season in PA.

I'm looking forward to taking my nephew out for the Youth Hunt and then going from there. As usual I plan on hunting with my good friend Big Tom.

That is correct. Rifles are allowed in PA during the fall season, but not in the spring.

Well come Oct 1st you'll have the best of both. Fall turkey and bow for deer both open on same day. I'm gonna be packing my PSE and 12ga.

I hope you don't intend to carry your shotgun and bow at the same time..

Officer Ferndip might frown on that.

It is illegal to carry a firearm of ANY description when you are bowhunting during the early bow season..