Anyone counting down the days till May 1st ?

HopkintonHunter

I know I am! I got a Remington 1187 Supermag in the Turkey package for Christmas! I put a Red dot on it and am so stoked to get it out there! If the weather ever cooperates I might even get to shoot it before the season starts. I bought a ton of diaphragm calls at BPS last year after the season, I just opened them up this past month and have been playing with them.

you can only legally hunt in NY from a half hour before sunrise to noon, hunting in afternoon is illegal, just an FYI.

If you had read more of the post's you would have seen Deerthug was talking about hunting in the fall.You are correct about spring turkey hunting.

If you had read more of the post's you would have seen Deerthug was talking about hunting in the fall.You are correct about spring turkey hunting.

sorry.. posts come in to fast to read everything. turkey hunting thread i figured he was talking about turkey hunting.

• 2 weeks later...

Where are they?Have'nt seen any in awhile.In the fall turkey's were allover the place now they are not in the place's that they were.

Dom, I posted about this about a week or so ago. I'm not seeing my usual birds that seem to hang out in the same areas. It's been over two weeks since I saw a bird.

• 1 month later...

Figured I'd get this thread going again. 28 days and counting. Can't wait to get up Tuesday morning, May 1st. Told the boss (me) wouldn't be to work till 1 pm.. What's he going to do, fire me, ha ha. Get up at 4 am., be out in the blind by 5:15; got to say really getting pumped. Can't wait to feel that fresh spring air pouring in around you. Got a bug suit on order, the skeeters are gonna be bad this year. They always are. Hopefully, the ditches won't have 3 feet of water in them this year.

Edited by landtracdeerhunter
  • Like 1

Don't forget the gallon of premethrin and your thermacell. I got my stuff ready. I too had to beg my boss (me) to take off May 1st. I gave myself a hard time but eventually gave in. LOL!

Edited by Deerthug