Legality of using gutless method on deer?

Gobbler Chaser

On 11/2/2020 at 12:28 AM, Gobbler Chaser said:

After a kill what exactly has to be brought out of the woods. I'm at a point where dragging a deer out of a remote area is impossible and getting help even harder. Removing straps and hindquarters for carrying is manageable for a long carry. But is the head required to prove sex, etc? Not looking to get bashed just asking because I still love to hunt but am at a point where dragging an entire deer carcass several hundred yards isn't going to happen.

Beginning to see why.

• Thanks 1

He's not interested in "you or your peoples help" but came into a public forum to ask for assistance. Complains about a "lack of assistance" but when he gets assistance he tells you to essentially mind your own business. Leaves half of the meat behind in the woods. Haha you are a real gem sir, what a fine example of sportsmanship you are. @Gobbler Chaser

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Bagged a fat doe 1.7 miles back on state land day before yesterday, I gave up on bucks and had to kill something. My gutless carryout only what you want method was again an astounding success. I was out of the woods alittle after dark in less than an hour and fifteen minutes, took exactly 20 mins to complete the gutless process which is about five mins more than the time it takes me to gut a deer. Detail butchered the hindquarters and trimmed up the straps yesterday in my heated shop while having a beer and only had to dump a five gallon bucket of waste, leg bones skin and trimmings which I easily carried out in one hand. This is so easy I'm even going to be doing this on my property and just load the legs into a milk crate I have mounted on my ATV and drop the straps into a bag and go. I realize I was doing something wrong after dragging many deer back to my barn or truck that weight say 110 lbs gutted and after the butchering process carrying too high of a percentage of skin bone and assorted other waste right back out into the woods. I realize this won't work for many of you especially novice hunters who like to hang the whole carcass and I understand this because I used to love seeing my kill on display for as long as the weather permitted hanging in my barn. But I like to keep things simple. Oh and for those of you who pity me and invision me as weak might want to spend a day working with me on my logging operation. Oh just for the record I did trim out the Vag to show a conservation officer if proof of sex was requested. Planning on an all day state land hunt tomorrow to possibly bag another. Happy Hunting!

Edited by Gobbler Chaser

This thread started out pretty interesting and took a dump real quick. Pot stirring at the finest. You asked a question about waste, then went on to light up a guy who offered to help drag. Hope you don't treat your customers of this logging business you own like you treated a forum member offering to help. Maybe stick to chasing gobblers...they are easier to carry.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

so you can use an ATV at least on your land yet u choose to leave the shoulders to go to waste so it really has nothing to do with the drag at least on private land , again i would be amazed if you can tell the differance between ground meat from shoulders then any other part deer

Wow. I think most everyone has it covered.

But, I will pile on too.

If you cannot utilize the front shoulders there are those that would.. Not bringing out the shoulders is just lazy. If you are to a point that you cannot get it out yourself then get some help. Maybe in return for some shoulder steaks and ground meat.. 

• Like 1