Big bear

rachunter

On 11/3/2020 at 1:25 PM, Belo said:

looks like a bruiser, but also hard to tell with the "sit behind the animal" camera pose/trick so many do now. Nothing against the hunter or course, just hard to tell size and weight from a pic. 

Where should the hunter position themselves for the photo? I don't think it's a 'trick'. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, mlammerhirt said:

Love the photo! A simple congrats without the backward hand slap would have been fine. Guess in the DEC article no one commented about the pic.....just a guess though.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

it's not like she came here and posted the picture herself, it was just a note when trying to guess at the bears size and weight. I don't think anyone meant anything negative at all.

15 hours ago, genesee_mohican said:

Where should the hunter position themselves for the photo? I don't think it's a 'trick'. 

hell if you shoot a nice bear you can stand on your head with a banana hammock on if you want, doesn't matter to me. But "fish hands" and other camera "tricks" will give the illusion to larger horns, fish or animals than they really are. Personally, I think it's easier to tell size when the hunter sits just behind the animal holding its head up. But again, do what you want, i've never killed a bear lol.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Belo said:

it's not like she came here and posted the picture herself, it was just a note when trying to guess at the bears size and weight. I don't think anyone meant anything negative at all.

hell if you shoot a nice bear you can stand on your head with a banana hammock on if you want, doesn't matter to me. But "fish hands" and other camera "tricks" will give the illusion to larger horns, fish or animals than they really are. Personally, I think it's easier to tell size when the hunter sits just behind the animal holding its head up. But again, do what you want, i've never killed a bear lol.

image.png.8c568580c915c9efbf63bdbe72a63d7f.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 hours ago, mlammerhirt said:

Love the photo! A simple congrats without the backward hand slap would have been fine. Guess in the DEC article no one commented about the pic.....just a guess though.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Jeremy K said:

Was that a youth hunt weekend i'm guessing

There was no article just a photo of the young lady and young man with a buck.I don't care who far she is sitting that's a big bear.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Belo said:

I'll be sure to remember that. I'll make sure to stand just right, exactly side by side of the head (bear) or horns (deer), or fish. And I'll hold a tape measure out and a dollar bill in the frame for reference, so no one can say I wasn't doing a "trick" photo.   wow

Congrats to the youth for getting out there and having fun, scoring on a nice bear. What a hunt that must have been!

I'll be sure to remember that. I'll make sure to stand just right, exactly side by side of the head (bear) or horns (deer), or fish. And I'll hold a tape measure out and a dollar bill in the frame for reference, so no one can say I wasn't doing a "trick" photo.   wow
Congrats to the youth for getting out there and having fun, scoring on a nice bear. What a hunt that must have been!

I agree,
And I think it's a real big bear. Or
Someone put its ears in the dryer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, genesee_mohican said:

I swear with you guys sometimes. bears are notoriously hard to judge size. All we have is the ears and the triangle. Just a conversation about how big he is and nothing more and not a conversation in front of the young lady. give your virtue signaling a rest.

• Like 1

On 11/9/2020 at 11:33 PM, The_Real_TCIII said:

I agree,
And I think it's a real big bear. Or
Someone put its ears in the dryer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Spoken by someone who has seen a bunch of bears and killed a few too.........